Senior Manager, Customer Success
Upwork is the world’s top freelancing website. Each year over $1 billion of work happens through Upwork, helping businesses get more done and freelancers work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork you’ll help build on this momentum. Together we’ll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for professionals to connect, collaborate and succeed.
The Upwork Customer Success Team helps the most innovative small to medium sized businesses grow with a freelance workforce. As a Senior Manager, Customer Success you will have the opportunity to build a world-class customer success function from the ground up. You will develop client segmentation, define success playbooks, procure and implement software and tools, and determine success metrics -- all while scaling and managing a fully distributed team of high-caliber Customer Success Managers (CSMs). This is an exciting opportunity to play a leadership role in a company that is changing the way the world works.
This position may be based in Colorado or the San Francisco Bay Area, This role reports to the Senior Director of Customer Success and will require 25-50% travel.
- Build our Customer Success function from the ground up, including processes, tools & playbooks
- Own the success of Upwork’s SMB customers, including onboarding, revenue and retention
- Lead cross-functional teams (Marketing, Sales, Product, Support, Operations and Finance) to implement tailored programs that provide continued value and drive long-term account growth
- Hire, manage, and train a fully distributed team of CSMs and instill a high-performance culture with KPIs to support it
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of Upwork’s technology, talent, customers and data and continuously improve our segmentation and treatments
- Be an effective voice of the customer to foster a corporate culture of customer success
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 5+ years experience managing a high-performing customer success team
- Experience building a success organization from the ground up: strategy, processes & staffing
- Strong operations background including developing workflows, especially high-performing onboarding processes
How to really knock our socks off:
- Work history within the Staffing industry or at a subscription based SaaS company
- Experience managing a distributed teams, domestic and international
- Ability to procure and implement best of breed customer success software and tools
- Data-driven decision making skills and a demonstrated analytical proficiency
- Excellent written, oral, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills
- Exceptional leadership skill and ability to inspire a team towards greatness
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesdays, daily breakfasts and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Upwork's Employees
Sr. Director, Conversion Marketing
Katrina works with the the ten million freelancers on Upwork’s platform. She works hard to understand their needs and to drive the organization in the right direction to help them succeed.
Back to top