Senior IT Support Specialist
Senior IT Support Specialist
Upwork is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year over $1 billion of work happens through Upwork, helping businesses get more done and freelancers work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork you'll help build on this momentum. Together we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for professionals to connect, collaborate and succeed.
The Upwork Corp IT team is looking for a Senior Support Specialist to be responsible primarily for user support (onsite and remote). You'll also assist in teleconferencing A/V support, and various related tasks. While growing in a dynamic environment, you will will work on high volume projects with speedy turn-around times. In this direct, customer facing role, top-notch customer service and communication skills are a requirement. Having extraordinary abilities to problem solve and apply logical thinking are highly important. The position is based in San Francisco, CA with occasional travel between offices in Mountain View and Chicago.
- Provide exceptional service to both local and remote users
- Imaging laptops (Mac, PC, Chromebooks).
- Perform user account management via Okta, LDAP, Active Directory
- Create and update IT documentation and knowledge base.
- Support various cloud based applications (Google Apps, Okta, RingCentral etc)
- Assist in supporting teleconference software/hardware (Bluejeans and Google Hangouts)
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 3 - 5 years helpdesk support experience
- Excellent customer service skills while presenting across a broad audience.
- Experience supporting conference room audio/video equipment, especially with Google GVC/Chrome Box is a huge plus.
How to really knock our socks off:
- Advanced technical expertise with Mac and Windows OS, as well as Lenovo and MacBook hardware
- Strong logical thinking, and troubleshooting skills
- Emphasize on task quality (be thorough, detail-oriented, responsible)
- Show that you can work efficiently and effectively without sacrificing quality
- Be a team player with superb communication skills
- Demonstrate you are an effective communicator across all stakeholders.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you'll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we're creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You'll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you'll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesdays, daily breakfasts and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits and more. Check out Upwork's spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Upwork's Employees
Sr. Director, Conversion Marketing
Katrina works with the the ten million freelancers on Upwork’s platform. She works hard to understand their needs and to drive the organization in the right direction to help them succeed.
Back to top