Senior Finance Analyst
Senior Finance Analyst
Upwork is the world's top freelancing website. Each year over $1 billion of work happens through Upwork, helping businesses get more done and freelancers work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork you'll help build on this momentum. Together we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for professionals to connect, collaborate and succeed.
The three-person Financial and Strategic Planning team works closely with the CEO, CFO and executive leadership to drive annual planning, manage quarterly financials and identify long-term strategy. Team projects include competitive analysis, growth strategy, pricing and go-to-market, investor relations, strategic partnerships, revenue forecasting, annual budgeting, and fundraising.
- You will primarily focus on core financial planning activities to implement our strategic plans
- You will be responsible for performing financial analysis, building financial models, preparing financial plans and budgets and executing FP&A tasks as part of our month close
- Interpret and communicate insights in our $150M+ P&L to the executive leadership team
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 5+ years of experience
- Strong Advanced Excel skills
- Structured thinking: comfort with numbers, details, and ambiguity
- Communication skills and presence: Ability to express oneself clearly and concisely
- Strategic thinking: Ability to work independently and to solve problems with minimal supervision
How to really knock our socks off:
- Passion for or familiarity with internet, technology trends and startups
- Experience with B2B, Marketplace or SaaS companies
- Passion for learning.
- Sense of humor
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you'll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we're creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You'll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you'll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesdays, daily breakfasts and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits and more. Check out Upwork's spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Upwork's Employees
Sr. Director, Conversion Marketing
Katrina works with the the ten million freelancers on Upwork’s platform. She works hard to understand their needs and to drive the organization in the right direction to help them succeed.
Back to top