Upwork is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year over $1 billion of work happens through Upwork, helping businesses get more done and freelancers work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork you'll help build on this momentum. Together we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for professionals to connect, collaborate and succeed.
The Creative Team at Upwork is a tight-knit group that believes in not taking ourselves too seriously, creating awesome stuff, and having fun. We get the opportunity to work on a wide range of interesting projects including advertising, environmental design, video, motion graphics, print collateral, event graphics and interactive design. We are looking for an outstanding Senior Designer to join our team to help us define the Upwork brand. You will manage a team of freelancers to craft innovative designs across multiple projects at a rapidly growing company.
- You lead design thinking workshops and project definition activities.
- You work with a project manager to estimate project timeframes and balance great design with meeting deadlines.
- You bring a positive and can-do approach to solving large, strategic, and complex problems with simple and elegant design solutions that address project goals & requirements.
- You utilize business and customer insights to create original, innovative, and meticulous designs that demonstrate excellent typographic and layout skills while adhering to our brand guidelines.
- You autonomously run all aspects of assigned projects with minimal direction and collaborate with and present directly to project owners.
- You manage other disciplines involved in the development of projects including illustrators, photographers, and printers.
- You clearly and confidently communicate and present design decisions, gather and implement feedback from project owners and other designers, and manage project owner's expectations.
- You direct the work of one or more junior or freelance designers.
- You are an expert in design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- 4+ years of experience as a practicing graphic designer or similar role.
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design or a related field or a portfolio demonstrating equivalent experience.
- An outstanding portfolio demonstrating the skills above. Please include a link to your portfolio; designers without a portfolio will not be considered.
- Illustration skills.
- Motion graphics and video skills.
- Interactive skills.
At Upwork you'll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View, and Chicago, together we're creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You'll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Build amazing teams, Put community first and, Bias towards action. Along the way you'll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesdays, daily breakfasts and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits and more. Check out Upwork's spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Upwork's Employees
Sr. Director, Conversion Marketing
Katrina works with the the ten million freelancers on Upwork’s platform. She works hard to understand their needs and to drive the organization in the right direction to help them succeed.
Back to top