Senior Data Scientist
Senior Data Scientist
Upwork is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year over $1 billion of work happens through Upwork, helping businesses get more done and freelancers work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork you'll help build on this momentum. Together we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for professionals to connect, collaborate and succeed.
Upwork is hiring a Senior Data Scientist to join our team! We need data scientists to explore, analyze, and leverage our rich set of data to build cutting edge data products for our marketplace. The ideal candidate will have a passion for turning data into products, and a keen interest in shaping the future of the global labor market. We are a diverse team, with graduates of Stanford, MIT, and Berkeley in fields ranging from computer science and electrical engineering to economics and statistics.
- Build machine learning models that will become core components driving our marketplace.
- Dive deep into the data and share your insights across the business.
- Collaborate with product and engineering on key initiatives.
- Work with freelancer engineers, analysts and data scientists from around the world.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Deep knowledge of machine learning, information retrieval, data mining, statistics, NLP or related field.
- Solid programming skills that enable you to retrieve, analyze and process data, and build machine learning models from the ground up (e.g. SQL, Python, R, Java).
- Superior ability to analyze and interpret the results of product experiments.
How to really knock our socks off:
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you'll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we're creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You'll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Build amazing teams, Put community first and, Bias towards action. Along the way you'll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesdays, daily breakfasts and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits and more. Check out Upwork's spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Upwork's Employees
Sr. Director, Conversion Marketing
Katrina works with the the ten million freelancers on Upwork’s platform. She works hard to understand their needs and to drive the organization in the right direction to help them succeed.
Back to top