Senior Accountant/Treasury Analyst
Upwork is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.5 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
The finance team is looking for a team member can continue to help transform the organization to the next level. We strive to become a truly best-in-class finance organization. We are looking for people who are architects, proactive, strive for continuous improvement, metrics driven, put ethics and integrity first, enjoy hard-working environments and like having fun.
- Own aspects close processes for GL, Revenue and Escrow Accounting
- Own key monthly treasury/financial analysis
- Ensure accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end close processes and account reconciliations
- Partner with the Sr. Manager to run the monthly flux and reconciliation process
- Assist in leading audit deliverables
- Review key escrow accounting weekly processes
- Mentoring, developing and training junior team members
- Prepare and present monthly analysis of key performance indicators
- Be a representative for cross functional initiatives across finance and operations
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Big 4 public accounting experience
- Prior experience in both public accounting (CPA) and industry (publicly traded company) preferred
- Very strong background and experience in accounting operations with strong attention to detail
- Experience with high-volume transactions
- Full scale industry accounting experience including the management of month-end close
How to really knock our socks off:
- 5 +years of full scale accounting including month-end close, high volume reconciliation review, experience with Blackline, foreign exchange and intercompany transactions
- Excellent interpersonal skills with experience in developing, mentoring and creating a team environment
- Experience with internet marketplace business, Oracle R12 and other system tools
- Ability to partner with cross-functional groups to drive and influence business solutions
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Back to top