Sales Training Manager
Upwork is the world’s top freelancing website. Each year over $1 billion of work happens through Upwork, helping businesses get more done and freelancers work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork you’ll help build on this momentum. Together we’ll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for professionals to connect, collaborate and succeed.
The Upwork Sales team brings our contingent staffing solutions to mid-market and large enterprises. As a Sales Training Manager, you will partner with the Enterprise Sales, Marketing, Solution Architects and Program Success teams to define, land and execute against our sales team’s strategic priorities. This is a ground floor opportunity to build and own our sales training function and equip our team with the content, training, knowledge of available resources, and core curriculum necessary to effectively sell Upwork’s current and new service offerings. This individual will make a huge impact on our business and must be able to communicate effectively across multiple business units, as well as across other geographies. This is a hands-on role and we value your ability to “roll up the sleeves” and get things done.
- Perform detailed needs assessments in coordination with the Sales Leadership, Marketing, Solutions Architects, Program Success and Operations. Translate business needs into a sales enablement plan for group.
- Create, develop, manage, and lead the successful execution of the cross-functional sales training programs in conjunction with Sales Leadership.
- Plan and participate in train-the-trainer training activities, including but not limited to: new hire training and on-boarding, weekly sales training, sales skills and tools training.
- Develop and maintain an effective governance process focused on providing timely and targeted content for sales enablement and continuously improving the knowledge transfer and learning needs.
- Review and manage the existing content library to determine opportunities to improve the learning experience, ensure the content is current and relevant and best technology is employed.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Minimum 5+ years of Sales and Sales training experience with increasing influence and responsibility.
- Experience in developing and managing Sales competency models and Learning paths for sales roles.
- Strategic thinker that can take broad visions and concepts and develop structured plans, actions and measurable metrics and then execute those plans.
How to really knock our socks off:
- Experience with the Staffing & Recruiting Industry or HR related technologies
- Excellent communications skills including, presenting, editing, and writing as well as accuracy and attention to detail required.
- Proven excellent program management and project management skills
- Proven ability to lead and manage at senior levels without direct authority
- Proven experience designing and implementing a Sales Methodology training.
- Bachelor’s degree
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Build amazing teams, Put community first and, Bias towards action. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesdays, daily breakfasts and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Upwork's Employees
Director, Community & Education
Garnor reaches out to Upwork customers to give them important information, implement educational initiatives, and gather feedback they have about the platform.
Back to top