Sales Operations Manager
Are you a data junkie that thrives on using insights to drive business results? Are you interested in working on a business that is transforming how millions of people around the world work? Are you passionate about delivering flawless customer experience and executing a world-class service delivery model? Then Upwork, the world's largest online workplace, is looking for you.
As the leading online work marketplace, we serve over 5 million businesses and 12 million freelancers worldwide. We are successfully pioneering a new and better way to work by enabling businesses and freelancers across the globe to connect, work together, and grow their professional success.
Upwork is seeking an experienced Sales Operations Manager to join our business analytics team and make our sales team successful.
In this role, you will:
- Be a partner to the sales organization; enabling the sales team to scale, close and expand more/larger deals more efficiently
- Collaborate with the demand-generation team to ensure a strong pipeline of inbound leads
- Equip the sales team with the right sales processes, tools, and territories, with on-going training
- Improve team performance and funnel conversion. Develop KPIs and metrics, proactively review and identify lead and lag indicators
- Align team commission plans, budget and growth plans. Execute commissions and reevaluate quota to meet the team objectives.
To win in this role, you need:
- 10+ years of relevant sales operations/sales management experience. Experience in consulting, financial operations or analytics a plus
- Understanding of Enterprise Sales business models. Solid experience with sales tools and using Salesforce.com
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills. SQL knowledge a plus
- Creative problem-solver who thrives on challenges, and is accustomed to working in a fast pace environment on multiple projects, fulfilling priorities and meeting deadlines
- Passion for high-growth, marketplace business and desire to contribute to the growth of the company
- BA/BS from a top school; MBA is a plus
Come change the way the world works
At Upwork you'll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we're creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You'll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you'll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesdays, daily breakfasts and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits and more. Check out Upwork's spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Upwork's Employees
Sr. Director, Conversion Marketing
Katrina works with the the ten million freelancers on Upwork’s platform. She works hard to understand their needs and to drive the organization in the right direction to help them succeed.
Back to top