Sales Operations Manager - Chicago
Are you a data junkie that thrives on using insights to drive business results? Are you interested in working on a business that is transforming how millions of people around the world work? Are you passionate about delivering flawless customer experience and executing a world-class service delivery model? Then Upwork, the world's largest online workplace, is looking for you.
As the leading online work marketplace, we serve over 5 million businesses and 12 million freelancers worldwide. We are successfully pioneering a new and better way to work by enabling businesses and freelancers across the globe to connect, work together, and grow their professional success.
Upwork is seeking an experienced Sales Operations Manager to join our business analytics team and make our sales team successful.
In this role, you will:
- Be a partner to the sales organization; enabling the sales team to scale, close and expand more/larger deals more efficiently
- Collaborate with the demand-generation team to ensure a strong pipeline of inbound leads
- Equip the sales team with the right sales processes, tools, and territories, with on-going training
- Improve team performance and funnel conversion. Develop KPIs and metrics, proactively review and identify lead and lag indicators
- Align team commission plans, budget and growth plans. Execute commissions and reevaluate quota to meet the team objectives.
To win in this role, you need:
- 5+ years of relevant sales operations/sales management experience. Experience in consulting, financial operations or analytics a plus
- Understanding of Enterprise Sales business models. Solid experience with sales tools and using Salesforce.com
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills. SQL knowledge a plus
- Creative problem-solver who thrives on challenges, and is accustomed to working in a fast pace environment on multiple projects, fulfilling priorities and meeting deadlines
- Passion for high-growth, marketplace business and desire to contribute to the growth of the company
- BA/BS from a top school; MBA is a plus
Come change how the world works
At Upwork you'll make a real difference in the world, rolling up your sleeves to help reinvent how the world works. As a major player in one of the most exciting and fastest growing markets on the planet, you'll join a team that's leading the charge in online work - creating new freedom and opportunity for businesses and freelancers alike. In short, you'll change lives, which will do wonders for your career, self-esteem and karma.
Along the way you'll enjoy a bona-fide work-life balance (we practice what we preach), with all of the perks you expect from a thriving tech leader (think free breakfast and lunch, happy hours, team outings and the like). Plus every Wednesday is a work from home day for many teams, although our main offices in Mountain View, San Francisco and Oslo are warm and inviting. Naturally you'll also draw a nice paycheck and enjoy some meaty benefits. So join us as we work wonders creating the future of work.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of Upwork's Employees
Sr. Director, Conversion Marketing
Katrina works with the the ten million freelancers on Upwork’s platform. She works hard to understand their needs and to drive the organization in the right direction to help them succeed.
Back to top