Sales Engineer - Staffing Solutions
Upwork is the world’s largest freelancing website. Each year over $1 billion of work happens through Upwork, helping businesses get more done and freelancers work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork you’ll help build on this momentum. Together we’ll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for professionals to connect, collaborate and succeed.
The Upwork Sales team brings our contingent staffing solutions to mid-market and large enterprises. As a Sales Engineer, you will develop and support Upwork’s solutions and implementation programs for our large business accounts. You will be design our enterprise solutions to enable enterprise accounts to widely adopt our product into the organization and will work multi-functionally with our enterprise sales, product, services, and talent teams to define and articulate the Upwork value proposition.
- Identify needs and create solutions to address the enterprise customer’s issues and bring a customer from sale to widespread adoption.
- Collaborate with internal teams to design methodologies and processes that support customer growth in creative and scalable ways.
- Support the sales team to develop material and articulate Upwork offerings to prospective customers.
- Provide domain expertise on the talent & staffing and agency industries and incorporate that knowledge into the solutions built.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 5-10 years experience working with enterprise-level customers in designing new processes and implementing technology for the contingent labor and staffing space OR the digital marketing and agency space
- Creativity to identify new approaches to solving old problems through the Upwork platform. You will communicate the solutions in a way that is simple and credible. You are able to balance the requirements of a complex industry with building to scale and simplicity.
- A customer-centric mindset and passion for designing solutions that meet enterprise needs.
How to really knock our socks off:
- Experience with solutioning enterprise software specific to human capital management or procurement: ATS, HRMS, VMS, e-Procurement, or others.
- Motivation and autonomy to drive through programs and achieve results
- Ability to lead and play a critical role in forming our offering and critical thinking and then transforming that strategy into tactical action
Come change how the world works
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Build amazing teams, Put community first and, Bias towards action. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesdays, daily breakfasts and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Upwork's Employees
Sr. Director, Conversion Marketing
Katrina works with the the ten million freelancers on Upwork’s platform. She works hard to understand their needs and to drive the organization in the right direction to help them succeed.
Back to top