Sales Development Representative - Chicago
Work is no longer a place and we know it. Join our growing sales organization as we educate hiring managers at leading enterprise companies on how to hire freelance professionals from our online marketplace for customer service, marketing, sales, ops, development, design, and more. We're a disruptive force in the global staffing industry and a thought leader in the on-demand/gig/shared economy, backed by leading Silicon Valley VCs.
The SDR will reach out (via phone and email) to leads generated by the lead gen and demand gen teams, qualify those leads, prospect leads at existing target and enterprise accounts, book sales meetings for the AE team, and staff events in the field. The SDR team works closely with a group of experienced lead gen experts, sales account executives (AEs), and marketers.
Unlike most sales development roles, our SDRs spend most of their time communicating with prospects (rather than prospecting, although that may sometimes be required). This role reports into the Sales Development Manager.
In this role, you will:
- Generate and qualify new leads within prospective accounts
- Make outbound calls to connect with marketing-generated inbound leads
- Contact leads to set up appointments for sales representatives
- Be responsible for monthly, quarterly, and yearly qualified leads and revenue objectives
- Work with sales team to implement prospecting strategies
- Provide weekly forecasts to the sales organization and sales leadership
- A Bachelor’s degree
- At least 1 year of sales, customer service, or marketing experience
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- A thick skin and competitive nature
- A quick dialing finger
- Keen attention to detail
- SFDC proficiency
- A basic understanding of two-sided marketplaces and Enterprise SaaS products
- The drive and organizational skills to maintain a high volume of daily outbound calls and emails to multiple audiences for multiple product lines and multiple campaigns
- A desire to become an Account Executive as the eventual next step in your career
- Enterprise SaaS or other tech sales experience
- Familiarity with Salesloft, Yesware, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Demandbase Sales Accelerator, and/or CEB’s Challenger methodology
- A documented history of meeting or exceeding sales targets
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll make a real difference in the world, rolling up your sleeves to help reinvent how the world works. As a major player in one of the most exciting and fastest growing markets on the planet, you’ll join a team that’s leading the charge in online work – creating new freedom and opportunity for businesses and freelancers alike. In short, you’ll change lives, which will do wonders for your career, self-esteem and karma.
Along the way you’ll enjoy a bona-fide work-life balance (we practice what we preach), with all of the perks you expect from a thriving tech leader (think free breakfast and lunch, happy hours, team outings and the like). Plus every Wednesday is a work from home day for many teams, although our main offices in Mountain View, San Francisco and Oslo are warm and inviting. Naturally you’ll also draw a nice paycheck and enjoy some meaty benefits. So join us as we work wonders creating the future of work.
Back to top