Sales Development Representative - Chicago
Upwork is the world’s top freelancing website. Each year over $1 billion of work happens through Upwork, helping businesses get more done and freelancers work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork you’ll help build on this momentum. Together we’ll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for professionals to connect, collaborate and succeed.
The Upwork Sales team brings our contingent staffing solutions to mid-market and large enterprises. As a Sales Development Rep, you will prospect for new business by phone and email, qualify existing leads, book sales meetings for the Account Executive team, and staff events in the field. The SDR team works closely with a group of experienced lead gen experts, sales account executives (AEs), and marketers. This position offers advancement opportunities and is an excellent way to build a career in sales.
- Generate and qualify new leads within prospective accounts
- Make outbound calls to connect with marketing-generated inbound leads
- Contact leads to set up appointments for sales representatives
- Be responsible for monthly, quarterly, and yearly qualified leads and revenue objectives
- Work with sales team to implement prospecting strategies
- Provide weekly forecasts to the sales organization and sales leadership
What it takes to catch our eye:
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- A thick skin and competitive nature
How to really knock our socks off:
- At least 1 year of HR, staffing, sales, customer service, or marketing experience
- A quick dialing finger
- SFDC proficiency
- A basic understanding of two-sided marketplaces and Enterprise SaaS products
- The drive and organizational skills to maintain a high volume of daily outbound calls and emails to multiple audiences for multiple product lines and multiple campaigns
- A desire to become an Account Executive as the eventual next step in your career
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesdays, daily breakfasts and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Upwork's Employees
Director, Community & Education
Garnor reaches out to Upwork customers to give them important information, implement educational initiatives, and gather feedback they have about the platform.
Back to top