Regional Sales Manager - Enterprise
Upwork is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year over $1 billion of work happens through Upwork, helping businesses get more done and freelancers work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork you'll help build on this momentum. Together we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for professionals to connect, collaborate and succeed.
The Upwork Enterprise Sales team brings our flexible workforce solutions to mid-market and large enterprises. Many leading analysts predict that 50% of the workforce will be freelancing by 2020. As a result more companies are moving towards flexible workforce solutions and many are using online staffing platforms to embrace this shift. Today 30% of the Fortune 100 are already using Upwork to get more work done.
We are looking for a Regional Sales Manager to join our team in Chicago. This is a ground floor opportunity for a proven leader with a startup mentality who can roll up their sleeves, build our teams and grow the business.
- Recruit and lead a team of Enterprise Account Executives and create a culture of continued success and goal achievement through talent management, coaching and training
- Develop plans and strategies for acquiring F1000 business and achieving the company's sales goals
- Create a detailed, accurate and predictable sales forecast and monitor and report on quota attainment on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis
- Manage customer expectations and contribute to overall customer satisfaction and retention
- Partner with marketing, product and delivery to build world class customer programs and ensure tight coordination and collaboration across Sales, Solutions, and Program Success
- Roll up your sleeves to prospect and help close deals
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 5+ years sales management experience
- Documented success leading teams selling recruitment technology to Enterprise organizations
- Ability to sell into multiple departments within a single company
How to really knock our socks off:
- Experience in a startup environment, selling a service that is new to the marketplace
- Demonstrated experience with building and successfully scaling sales processes
- Ability to adapt quickly depending on the sales need
- Coaching and mentoring sales people through deals
- Experience with a "land and expand" sales philosophy highly preferred
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you'll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we're creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You'll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Build amazing teams, Put community first and, Bias towards action. Along the way you'll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesdays, daily breakfasts and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits and more. Check out Upwork's spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Upwork's Employees
Sr. Director, Conversion Marketing
Katrina works with the the ten million freelancers on Upwork’s platform. She works hard to understand their needs and to drive the organization in the right direction to help them succeed.
Back to top