Upwork is a leading freelancer marketplace. We connect companies who have work to be done with global freelancer workforce. Our company helps to facilitate end to end interactions between freelancers and clients, including contract initiation, work management, payments. Last year we processed more than $1b in transactions and growing at rapid rate.
Upwork is looking for a QA Manager to lead our Agile QA Teams. You will be responsible for training and elevating the team to higher standards. Additionally, this position will require you to run multiple QA teams that are responsible for driving End-to-end testing of small and large scale features and applications (ad hoc and automated) that can span across multiple agile team.
In this role, you will:
- This is a coding manager role. 30-40% of your time will be helping the team develop and understand how continuous integration work and how to better improve our automation framework.
- Cultivate the team in agile methodologies and understanding all aspect of development cycle from design, unit-tests, build, front-end testing, and finally deployment process.
- Develop, document and implement best practices, processes, operational activities and procedures.
- Ensure measurable improvement of software quality by identifying, developing and implementing innivative QA capabilities, strategies, approaches and services.
- 4+ years management experience in QA and / or Program Management with an emphasis on testing coordination across multiple groups / teams, or equivalent work experience
- Solid understand of Continuous Integration and variants aspect of Automation frameworks.
- 4+ years of working with and developing for selenium type framework.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Our teams are widely distributed, and you will be required to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences across different cultures.
- To be a multi-faceted jack-of-all trades that can master both the management and engineering requirements.
At Upwork you’ll make a real difference in the world, rolling up your sleeves to help reinvent how the world works. As a major player in one of the most exciting and fastest growing markets on the planet, you’ll join a team that’s leading the charge in online work – creating new freedom and opportunity for businesses and freelancers alike. In short, you’ll change lives, which will do wonders for your career, self-esteem and karma.
Along the way you’ll enjoy a bona-fide work-life balance (we practice what we preach), with all of the perks you expect from a thriving tech leader (think free breakfast and lunch, happy hours, team outings and the like). Plus every Wednesday is a work from home day for many teams, although our main offices in Mountain View, San Francisco and Oslo are warm and inviting. Naturally you’ll also draw a nice paycheck and enjoy some meaty benefits. So join us as we work wonders creating the future of work.
Back to top