Product Manager, Small Business
Product Manager, Small Business
Upwork is the world’s largest marketplace for matching remote workers with amazing job opportunities worldwide. We have more than 12M freelancers on Upwork, collectively earning over $1B on our platform every year. We believe passionately in creating very real and sustained economic and social value on a global scale, by providing a trusted online workplace for professionals to connect, collaborate and succeed.
Our business is dependent on understanding, building, and capturing client demand for talented freelancers. We have an impressive array of clients ranging from Fortune 100 brands to individuals just getting started. One of the most critical segments for Upwork is the Small Business Segment. Your role as the Small Business product manager is to drive the vision, strategy and execution plan for this fast growing segment. You will build new and optimize existing flows to ensure SBs have an amazing experience on Upwork.
In this role, you will:
- Invent, design and build the perfect small business experience developing tight partnerships with design and engineering
- Work with partners in marketing, data science, and analytics to define and drive key business metrics around growth, acquisition and retention
- Manage agile teams and write prioritize team demands, write user stories in jira, and debug issues
- Conduct A/B tests and perform other quantitative and qualitative analyses to measure impact
To win in this role, you need:
- Experience building successful features rooted in the customer perspective
- Experience with B2B products targeting the Small Business segment
- Analytical chops for breaking down complex problems and solving them with data
- Strong cross-functional leadership experience
- Compelling written and oral communication skills
Things that will really knock our socks off:
- Demonstrated brilliance in solving hard challenges at another two-sided marketplace
- Experience using agile development methodologies with globally-distributed teams
- An entrepreneurial spirit and creativity, including a willingness to take risks
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesdays, daily breakfasts and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Upwork's Employees
Sr. Director, Conversion Marketing
Katrina works with the the ten million freelancers on Upwork’s platform. She works hard to understand their needs and to drive the organization in the right direction to help them succeed.
Back to top