Product Management MBA Intern - Summer 2017
We are in the midst of a work revolution – quality work is moving online. And Upwork is where the jobs are going. We’re building the infrastructure that capture clients' and freelancers’ preferences and requirements, matching jobs with the best freelancers available, and maximizing the chance of great outcomes. And that’s where you come in.
As a Product Management Intern, you will be part of a fast-paced, highly visible team that’s passionate about designing and building products that help millions of users find work, collaborate with distributed teams, and manage their Upwork activities. You will have the opportunity to develop and influence the product that matches clients with world-class talent.
The Product team at Upwork is looking for highly motivated, independent students who have an understanding of web technologies and online marketplaces. The intern will have ownership over cross-functional projects that will have measurable impact on Upwork’s strategy and growth. Responsibilities and projects may vary upon need and interests of the team.
- You will help form vision, roadmap, and goals for Upwork's workplace products
- You have the technical knowledge to communicate and work closely with our engineers
- You will learn to work with our designers and go on design journeys to develop sketches, wireframes and high fidelity prototypes of amazing user experiences
- You will define minimum viable product requirements, write product specs, manage project execution, UI/UX wireframe, and define product roll-out strategy
- Process, review and interpret qualitative and quantitative data on customer usage patterns to uncover and share new product insights
- Work with engineering, design and marketing teams to plan, build and launch amazing product experiences that connect businesses with great talent faster than ever before
Help re-imagine one more key flows on mobile (sample):
- Clients need help specifying what they need to get done
- Freelancers need help finding projects that they have expertise in
- Clients and freelancers need to build trust that the right work is getting done
- Clients need to be able to monitor and manage their spend (Freelancer needs Freelancer need to be able to track their work and get paid
What is the future of mobile at Upwork? How does mobile help drive the next stage of growth at Upwork?
Upwork clients and freelancers access apps from low-bandwidth environments but demand fast experiences
Collaboration Platform Projects
Work on building out the requirements (mainly with customer research, design), and partnering with engineering to build additional features for our messaging platform.
User research & Design/Implementation of the next phase of collaboration tools that would be most useful for our users to be successful.
Reimagine how Upwork can communicate with our users for marketing, notifications, helpful tips, support, etc.
Looking at existing user feedback and make & execute on recommendations for enhancements.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll make a real difference in the world, rolling up your sleeves to help reinvent how the world works. As a major player in one of the most exciting and fastest growing markets on the planet, you’ll join a team that’s leading the charge in online work – creating new freedom and opportunity for businesses and freelancers alike. In short, you’ll change lives, which will do wonders for your career, self-esteem and karma.
Along the way you’ll enjoy a bona-fide work-life balance (we practice what we preach), with all of the perks you expect from a thriving tech leader (think free breakfast and lunch, happy hours, team outings and the like). Plus every Wednesday is a work from home day for many teams, although our main offices in Mountain View, and San Francisco are warm and inviting. Naturally you’ll also draw a nice paycheck and enjoy some meaty benefits. So join us as we work wonders creating the future of work.
Back to top