Paid Acquisition Manager
Upwork is the world’s largest freelancing website. Each year over $1 billion of work happens through Upwork, helping businesses get more done and freelancers work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork you’ll help build on this momentum. Together we’ll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for professionals to connect, collaborate and succeed.
The Acquisition Marketing team is responsible for driving new customer growth, globally. The Paid Acquisition Manager will lead and manage our paid search campaigns with potential to expand to other channels. This is a rare opportunity to join an in-house Acquisition Marketing team at a rapidly growing, market-leading company. The ideal candidate would have deep paid search experience in B2B acquisition, as well the ability to work cross-functionally with other teams (Product, Design, Category, Analytics, Conversion) to drive results.
- Lead the strategy and day-to-day optimization of our global paid search program to include campaign management, keyword portfolio development, bidding, a/b testing plans, remarketing, and landing page optimization
- Develop, own and execute on a roadmap of key initiatives designed to balance and maximize efficiency and scale
- Own budget planning, forecast and pacing to ensure optimal and predictable spend across various campaigns, geos and devices
- Develop and grow our mobile strategy in order to capture incremental conversions at a cost efficient manner
- Partner with Data Science, Category, Product Marketing, Design, Conversion and Analytics teams on key initiatives that would further grow paid search
- Adhoc deep dive analysis of performance based on various dimensions and data sources such as cross device behavior, paid and organic, revenue and customer attributes
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 3+ years of experience managing paid search, ideally at a leading B2B SAAS company
- Agility, highly motivated, and able to work on multiple projects and tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with Google Analytics, Marin Software (or similar), SFDC/Marketo, Account based marketing and a/b testing tools
How to really knock our socks off:
- Understanding of marketing attribution, tracking and pixel implementation
- A strategic thinker who can also implement tactically
- Outstanding communication skills with strong organizational and prioritization skills
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively work with cross-functional teams
- Experience with API and SQL
- Familiar with other digital channels (Facebook, LinkedIn) is a plus
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Build amazing teams, Put community first and, Bias towards action. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesdays, daily breakfasts and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Upwork's Employees
Sr. Director, Conversion Marketing
Katrina works with the the ten million freelancers on Upwork’s platform. She works hard to understand their needs and to drive the organization in the right direction to help them succeed.
Back to top