Mobile QA Lead
Mobile QA Lead
Upwork is the world’s top freelancing website. Each year over $1 billion of work happens through Upwork, helping businesses get more done and freelancers work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork you’ll help build on this momentum. Together we’ll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for professionals to connect, collaborate and succeed.
Upwork is looking for a QA Lead to manage all our Mobile QA Teams. You will be responsible for training and elevating the team to higher standards. Additionally, this position will require you to be responsible for driving End-to-end testing of small and large scale features and applications (ad hoc and automated) that can span across multiple agile team. In particular, you will work to further enhance our mobile application as well as our adaptive web pages on the following platform: IOS, Android, Mobile Responsive Pages, Mobile API. If this description fits you, Upwork in Mountain View, CA has an excellent opportunity for you to grow your career. Our Quality Assurance Engineers are intimately involved in qualifying new features of our ever-growing platform, Upwork.
- This is a coding lead role. 30-40% of your time will be helping the team develop and understand how continuous integration work and how to better improve our automation framework.
- Help coordinate and set the process / testing procedures for all teams to be able to adapt under the banner of 'Mobile First'.
- Cultivate the team in agile methodologies and understanding all aspect of development cycle from design, unit-tests, build, front-end testing, and finally deployment process.
- Ensure measurable improvement of software quality by identifying, developing and implementing innovative QA capabilities, strategies, approaches and services.
- Leading the mobile transformation of our current desktop site to be mobile reactive; defining the testing framework that can help achieve this transformation.
- You will also work on the first pilot to create guidelines (mobile mindset) and incorporate them into a playbook for future features/teams to follow.Coordinate with multiple teams to strategically setup the testing procedures to support a fully responsive mobile website.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 4+ years of QA Lead with an emphasis on testing coordination across multiple groups / teams, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years of working with and developing for selenium type framework in conjunction with mobile web pages.
- Solid understand of Continuous Integration and variants aspect of Automation frameworks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Our teams are widely distributed, and you will be required to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences.
How to really knock our socks off:
- The team is transitioning into a 'Mobile First Organization' and would love someone who have previous experience in this transformative process.
- Knowledge of how to build/test IOS and ANDROID application through Xcode or Android Studio.
- The ideal candidate is someone who is a jack-of-all-trades, able to handle both technical and managerial challenges.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesdays, daily breakfasts and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Upwork's Employees
Sr. Director, Conversion Marketing
Katrina works with the the ten million freelancers on Upwork’s platform. She works hard to understand their needs and to drive the organization in the right direction to help them succeed.
Back to top