Upwork is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.5 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
This is an opportunity to join the fastest growing team at Upwork! As a Mid-Market Account Executive you will join our Upwork Enterprise sales team and make an immediate impact on the growth of the company. There will be significant opportunity for earning as well as advancement within the sales org.
Mid-Market AE’s focus on companies between 100 -1000 employees. You’ll be asked to manage all aspects of the sales process including lead generation and qualification, communicating value, customer evaluation, conducting product demos, closing and account expansion. Reps will receive qualified leads from the Marketing and SDR team to close new deals in additional to an existing book of business to expand. You can grow these accounts by driving additional spend or signing them to a premium service like Upwork Pro and Upwork Enterprise.
- Demonstrate a strong business case for Upwork Enterprise through a consultative and value driven sales process
- Meet and exceed your sales goals through prospecting, qualifying, managing and closing sales opportunities
- Identify, prioritize, and track your sales pipeline
- Collaborate with internal teams to coordinate resources throughout the sales cycle, including sales engineering, program management, customer care and product management
- Nurture and expand Upwork’s relationship with assigned and acquired customer accounts
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 3-4 years of consistent achievement of sales goals in a large geographic territory
- Excellent communication skills and a consultative approach to identifying problems and finding solutions
- Passion for Upwork and a strong motivation to bring in new customers to maximize revenue
How to really knock our socks off:
- 3+ years of industry expertise either in software, human capital management technology, staffing, or recruiting industry sales
- Drive and willingness to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic
- Strategic and creative thinking that enables you to understand industry and customer trends and apply those insights to deliver business results
- An entrepreneurial spirit and creativity that sparks your capacity for building and growing business
- Ability to play well with others on your team through collaboration and sharing of best practices
- Proficiency in salesforce.com, salesloft, and other crm or automation tools
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse
for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.