Manager, Enterprise Program Success
Upwork is the world’s top freelancing website. Each year over $1 billion of work happens through Upwork, helping businesses get more done and freelancers work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork you’ll help build on this momentum. Together we’ll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for professionals to connect, collaborate and succeed.
The Upwork Sales team brings our contingent staffing solutions to mid-market and large enterprises. As a Manager of Enterprise Program Success, you will own the day to day operations of our enterprise product and services offerings. You will partner cross-functionally to swiftly resolve customer issues and delight our clients every step of the way. As a player-coach, you’ll be in a hands-on role while having the opportunity to build a team and set it up for success. This role reports to our Head of Enterprise Solutions and is based in our Mountain View, CA or San Francisco, CA headquarters.
- Represent Upwork Enterprise to our clients and lead the day to day operations of our talent programs
- Identify, research and resolve program operations issues related to service fulfillment, product issue escalation, independent contractor compliance, reporting and billing
- Develop positive working relationships with client engagement managers, internal Upwork teams and freelancers, and escalate issues when needed
- Coach and develop a team of Program Managers to provide outstanding service
- Collaborate with the Sales, Operations, and Solutions teams to architect world class freelancer programs and standard operating procedures
- Advocate for our clients as the voice of the customer with cross functional teams such as Compliance, Operations, Billing, and Product Management
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 5+ years experience in day to day operations of a contingent workforce program at a MSP, staffing industry operations, or customer service
- Experience working with multiple clients and creating operational playbooks to insure service quality and responsiveness for reported issues
- Experience working with contingent workers or SOW suppliers with remote workforces with technical and creative talent
How to really knock our socks off:
- Experience with VMS platforms and the source to pay lifecycle for contingent workers specifically around invoicing and payments
- Moderate to expert knowledge in independent contractor compliance issues and the day to day administrative issues related to running a IC service desk
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills with an emphasis on task quality (thorough, detail-oriented, accountable)
- Flexibility and willingness to learn, adapt, and take on new tasks
- Excellent organizational skills and multitasking abilities that allow you to complete a project from planning to full completion
- Team player with strong communication skills
- Strong abilities with Excel and Google Apps, specifically analyzing and creating ad-hoc reports using pivot tables or macros is a plus
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesdays, daily breakfasts and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Upwork's Employees
Director, Community & Education
Garnor reaches out to Upwork customers to give them important information, implement educational initiatives, and gather feedback they have about the platform.
Back to top