Manager, Customer Experience
Upwork is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.5 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
The Upwork Customer Experience team is on a mission to amaze and astonish the millions of customers who rely on us for their livelihood. The team engages consumers across the globe through educational resources, deeply engaging communities, social outreach, and one-on-one customer service. As the Manager, Customer Experience, you will establish and drive programs to improve customer experience. You will also represent the voice of the customer and advocate on their behalf to improve our products, operations, and policies.
- Be a vocal, highly visible customer advocate to the company
- Conduct ad-hoc root-cause analyses and data-mining around customer issues and customer journeys.
- Lead the development of technical/business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools
- Collaborate cross-functionally and shares information necessary to improve workflow processes.
- Critically evaluate our policies and processes to ensure they are customer-centric
- Own targeted customer experience improvement pilots through incubation stage
- Drive resolution and prioritization of ad-hoc requests across cross-functional partners
- 5-10 years of dynamic experience in customer experience, program management, customer product strategy, or customer operations strategy
- Exceptional execution skills and the ability to think big while knowing when to be scrappy
- Advanced experience with successfully planning, organizing, managing, and implementing customer experience related programs;
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience with Zendesk or other CRM systems
- An entrepreneurial spirit and creativity that sparks your capacity for building and growing business
- Ability to play well with others on your team through collaboration and sharing of best practices
- Strong business knowledge in Zendesk or other CRM tools and other Customer Service software
- A strong understanding of Customer Service processes, including training, QA, and WFM, etc.
- Experience working with or leading a remote team
At Upwork you'll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we're creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You'll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Build amazing teams, Put community first and, Bias towards action. Along the way you'll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesdays, daily breakfasts and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits ... and more. Check out Upwork's spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Upwork's Employees
Eric leads the Enterprise Sales Team, overseeing daily operations and partnering with organizations around the world to find independent professionals on the Upwork platform.
Back to top