Lead Java Engineer/Architect
Lead Java Engineer
Upwork is the world’s largest freelancing website. Each year over $1 billion of work happens through Upwork, helping businesses get more done and freelancers work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork you’ll help build on this momentum. Together we’ll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for professionals to connect, collaborate and succeed.
If you are up to the challenge to build a new and groundbreaking large scale application used by millions of workers around the world every single day helping them to improve their lives, we would like to hear from you. Upwork’s Enterprise team is looking for a passionate, hard-working, and talented hands-on coding manager to design and develop innovative software solutions that connect clients and freelancers in our platform and enable them to automate their workflows. As the Lead Engineer/Architect, Enterprise, in our development team you will be responsible for the architecture, development and delivery of web services and UI of Upwork’s Enterprise offering. You will work closely with product and sales and engagement teams to understand the customer needs and deliver the product that meets their needs.
- Be responsible for system architecture and development for product initiatives and feature development.
- Investigate, prototype and deliver creative system solutions.
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software.
- Will establish architectural principles, select design patterns and then mentor team members on their appropriate application.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Experience crafting high performance, scalable and available web services (predominantly REST architecture) using J2EE.
- Integration skill with AWS platform.
- Excellent knowledge of Java.
How to really knock our socks off:
- You are highly effective and thrive in a dynamic environment with remote teams.
- You take great pride in innovating new products that are used by millions of users.
- Experienced in the usage of PHP frameworks such as Symfony, Zend, Yii.
- 5+ years software development experience.
- Knowledge of object-oriented design and design patterns, and programming skills.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesdays, daily breakfasts and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Upwork's Employees
Sr. Director, Conversion Marketing
Katrina works with the the ten million freelancers on Upwork’s platform. She works hard to understand their needs and to drive the organization in the right direction to help them succeed.
Back to top