Upwork is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.5 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
The Upwork Corp IT team is looking for a Level 2 (Intermediate), IT Support Specialist to be responsible primarily for user support (locally and remote). You’ll also assist in teleconferencing, A/V support, and various related tasks. While growing in a dynamic environment, you will work on high volume projects with speedy turn-around times. In this direct, customer-facing role, top-notch customer service and interpersonal skills are highly important. Having extraordinary abilities to problem solve and apply logical thinking are important. The position will be based in San Francisco, CA with occasional travel to the Mountain View and Chicago offices when there is a need.
- You will provide top-notch service to both onsite and remote users
- Image laptops (PC and Mac).
- Perform user account management via Okta, LDAP, Active Directory.
- Create and update IT documentation and knowledge base.
- Support various cloud-based applications (Google Apps, Okta, etc).
- Assist in supporting teleconference software/hardware (Bluejeans, Google Hangouts, Google Chromebox).
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Strong logical thinking, and troubleshooting skills.
- Extraordinary customer service skills.
- Be a great teammate with good communication skills.
How to really knock our socks off:
- Advanced technical expertise with Mac and Windows OS, as well as Lenovo and MacBook hardware.
- Experience supporting conference room audio/video equipment, especially with Google GVC/Chromebox is a huge plus.
- Emphasize on task quality (be thorough, detailed, and responsible).
- Show that you can work expertly and effectively without sacrificing quality.
- Experience supporting Atlassian software (Jira, Confluence) is a plus.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse
for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.