Growth Marketing Engineer
Growth Marketing Engineer
Upwork is the world’s top freelancing website. Each year over $1 billion of work happens through Upwork, helping businesses get more done and freelancers work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork you’ll help build on this momentum. Together we’ll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for professionals to connect, collaborate and succeed.
The Upwork Growth Marketing team is focused on developing innovative programs to drive growth of our existing customer base. As a Growth Engineer, you will be responsible for conceiving, championing, building and evaluating programs that unlock the potential of our platform. You’ll have numerous marketing, product and operational levers to work with and should be comfortable with both getting very deep in the weeds technically, as well as contributing at a strategic level. This position reports to the Director of Customer Growth and works closely with our internal marketing, creative, analytics and data science teams.
- Relentlessly pursue growth amongst Upwork’s customer base
- Analyze web and email metrics to identify the highest impact opportunities
- Continuously run and evaluate results from multi-channel A/B and multivariate tests to iteratively increase growth
- Collaborate with creative, marketing and analytics teams to implement growth initiatives
- Build tools, infrastructure, frameworks and services
- Automate data integration processes between 3rd party and internal systems
What it takes to catch our eye:
- Software development and database skills - you won’t be coding every day, but you will definitely be coding
- Experience with Python, SQL, RESTful APIs, Linux environments
How to really knock our socks off:
- Familiarity with basic statistics and experimental design and exceptionally strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Experience working cross-functionally to develop and implement programs to drive user growth and user engagement
- Familiarity in major digital channels such as email, display, social, search and SEO a plus
- Knowledge of various ETL techniques and frameworks
- An unrelenting scrappiness and attention to detail. Extremely organized, yet flexible working style.
- Good judgment and an absence of ego in your decision-making
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesdays, daily breakfasts and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Upwork's Employees
Sr. Director, Conversion Marketing
Katrina works with the the ten million freelancers on Upwork’s platform. She works hard to understand their needs and to drive the organization in the right direction to help them succeed.
Back to top