Enterprise Account Executive - Chicago
Upwork is the world's top freelancing website. Each year over $1 billion of work happens through Upwork, helping businesses get more done and freelancers work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork you'll help build on this momentum. Together we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for professionals to connect, collaborate and succeed.
The Upwork Sales team brings our contingent staffing solutions to mid-market and large enterprises. As an Enterprise Account Executive you will manage all aspects of the sales process including prospecting, lead management, qualification, customer evaluation, closing and account care. This is a quota carrying role where you will make a visible impact within our growing organization. This is a true career opportunity with tremendous professional and financial upside.
- Demonstrate a strong business case for Upwork through a consultative and value driven sales process
- Meet and exceed your sales goals through prospecting, qualifying, managing and closing sales opportunities
- Identify, prioritize, and track your sales pipeline
- Collaborate with internal teams to coordinate resources throughout the sales cycle, including sales engineering, program management, customer care and product management
- Nurture and expand Upwork's relationship with customer accounts of all sizes
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 5-10 years of consistent achievement of sales goals in a large geographic territory
- Excellent communication skills and a consultative approach to identifying problems and finding solutions
- Passion for Upwork and a strong motivation to bring in new customers to maximize revenue
How to really knock our socks off:
- 5-10 years of industry expertise either in software, human capital management technology, staffing, or recruiting industry sales
- Drive and willingness to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic
- Strategic and creative thinking that enables you to understand industry and customer trends and apply those insights to deliver business results
- An entrepreneurial spirit and creativity that sparks your capacity for building and growing business
- Ability to play well with others on your team through collaboration and sharing of best practices
- Experience with salesforce.com or other CRM tools
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you'll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we're creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You'll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Build amazing teams, Put community first and, Bias towards action. Along the way you'll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesdays, daily breakfasts and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits and more. Check out Upwork's spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Upwork's Employees
Sr. Director, Conversion Marketing
Katrina works with the the ten million freelancers on Upwork’s platform. She works hard to understand their needs and to drive the organization in the right direction to help them succeed.
Back to top