Upwork is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.5 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
The Upwork Sales team brings our contingent staffing solutions to mid-market and large enterprises. As an Engagement Manager/ Account Manager, your mission is to build long-term relationships with an existing portfolio of strategic accounts. Your strategic account management experience, consultative sales approach, and staffing program expertise will provide you the tools for success in this high profile position.
- Forge relationships with key decision makers within target accounts with the end goal of securing new business and growing overall client revenue
- Find opportunities to broaden the scope of services within existing customer base while delivering extraordinary service to our customers to retain existing business
- Stay current on our clients’ business, industry, and key objectives and challenges so that you can be a trusted ally and make informed recommendations
- Provide thought leadership to the client (e.g., standard methodology presentations, cost savings recommendations, diversity measures, and reporting)
- Be an expert on the features, advantages, and benefits of Upwork's entire suite of enterprise products/solutions, services, and offerings
- Develop new business across multiple products and solutions by expanding to additional client departments and divisions
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 5+ years staffing industry experience in a sales or account management role
- Experience leading Fortune 100 customers
- Superior communication skills both verbal and written form
How to knock our socks off:
- Strong relationship and client management skills and aptitude for navigating complex organizations
- Ability to work cross-functional within Upwork to deliver excellent service to our clients
- A sales and growth mindset and ability to anticipate customer needs and sales opportunities
- Relentless attention to detail and organization
- People management and leadership experience
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Back to top