Director, UX Mobile
Director of UX, Mobile
Upwork is the world’s largest freelancing website. Each year over $1 billion of work happens through Upwork, helping businesses get more done and freelancers work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork you’ll help build on this momentum. Together we’ll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for professionals to connect, collaborate and succeed.
As the Director, User Experience for Mobile, you will have the opportunity to create and manage the product user experience that matches clients with world-class talent. You will design products and features that help millions of users collaborate with distributed teams and manage their Upwork activities ‘on the go’ through mobile applications.
- Drive our mobile experience strategic vision
- Design mobile and workplace (collaboration tools for distributed teams) product experiences, from ideation to execution
- Demonstrate high quality design practices. This includes participation in all aspects of UX: research, ideation, strategy, interaction design, and visual design
- Be a subject matter expert in the area of UX/UI design on mobile in general with a special eye towards iOS, Android best practices. This includes staying up-to-date on current trends in design for web and mobile
- Create wireframes and high-fidelity prototypes to communicate your design concepts to a broad range of stakeholders and end users
- Collaborate with product, engineering and development partners; produce design solutions, and adapt your designs to emerging engineering constraints
- Multitask and manage multiple small to large projects in a cross-functional environment
- Write and speak as a thought leader for high quality software development through a focus of UX
- Establish a fun, supportive, collaborative environment to bring out the best work of your team. You will oversee UX design projects; establish priorities of your team members
- Train and mentor other UX designers
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 7+ years of industry experience as a UX designer and/or manager in a cross-functional UX team, dedicated to the complete UX design and development lifecycle of several successfully launched desktop and mobile applications
- Deep understanding of the iOS and Android platforms and experience designing and launching products for both
- Architect system wide design solutions that satisfy both product and engineering requirements
- Demonstrated leadership in UX focused software design projects
- Experience managing a team of UX/UI designers
- Skills and experience in user research, strategy, ideation, and product definition
- Skills and experience in interaction design and visual design
- Demonstrated history of delivering high-quality product experiences for a variety of platforms including desktop, web and mobile
- Drive and willingness to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic
- ***Portfolio is required***
How to really knock our socks off:
- Technical chops with front-end or platform specific SDKs
- An entrepreneurial spirit and creativity that sparks your capacity for building and growing business - we love seeing those side projects and technical experiments
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Build amazing teams, Put community first and, Bias towards action. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesdays, daily breakfasts and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Upwork's Employees
Sr. Director, Conversion Marketing
Katrina works with the the ten million freelancers on Upwork’s platform. She works hard to understand their needs and to drive the organization in the right direction to help them succeed.
Back to top