Content Marketing Manager
Upwork is the world’s largest freelancing website. Each year over $1 billion of work happens through Upwork, helping businesses get more done and freelancers work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork you’ll help build on this momentum. Together we’ll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for professionals to connect, collaborate and succeed.
The content team is responsible for creating awesome content—in a variety of forms and formats—designed to engage prospects and users at all stages of the funnel. The content manager will work cross-functionally to drive planning and prioritization and ultimately ensure final deliverables meet business objectives.
The ideal candidate has a passion for written word, functional knowledge of SEO, experience with CMS and the instincts to optimize content using analytics as the guiding, directional force. While the ability to work cross functionally (Product, Design, Category, Analytics & Conversion) is a must, so too is the ability to effectively work with the high-performance, distributed team of freelance contributors who support the Content team. Enterprise and B2B marketing experience a plus.
Remote candidates in Chicago are welcome to apply.
- Collaborate with business owners across the organization to drive content planning
- Manage the Enterprise marketing content roadmap and align with overall calendar
- Secure resources for approved projects, set timelines for all deliverables
- Translate business needs into tactical execution (eg.,clear, concise briefs for writers)
- Manage end-to-end review process to secure required approvals
- Work with team leads to promote and amplify the content across channels
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 5 years of solid online, digital experience with content a “must have” for this role
- Experience managing marketing programs: email, promotions, content etc.
- Knowledge of SEO: how it works and how to optimize content
How to really knock our socks off:
- Hands on work with B2B and enterprise marketing a big plus
- Experience with Wordpress, JIRA, Google Analytics
- Expert in topic development, content creation, publishing and promotion
- A strategic thinker who can also implement tactically
- Communication skills that transcend the medium: in-person, video, email or chat
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively work with cross-functional teams and the broader distributed content team (freelancers)
- Familiar with digital content tools: CMS, Analytics, SEO, hangouts
- Culture carrier with a work hard/play hard mentality who inspires the team to excel
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams.
Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesdays, daily breakfasts and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits and more. Check outUpwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Upwork's Employees
Sr. Director, Conversion Marketing
Katrina works with the the ten million freelancers on Upwork’s platform. She works hard to understand their needs and to drive the organization in the right direction to help them succeed.
Back to top