Associate Program Manager - Enterprise Staffing Solutions
Upwork is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year over $1 billion of work happens through Upwork, helping businesses get more done and freelancers work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork you'll help build on this momentum. Together we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for professionals to connect, collaborate and succeed.
The Upwork Sales team brings our contingent staffing solutions to mid-market and large enterprises. As an Associate Program Manager for Enterprise Program Success, you will support the day to day operations of our enterprise product and services offerings for your clients. You will partner cross-functionally to swiftly resolve customer issues to delight your clients every step of the way. This role reports to our Manager of Enterprise Program Success and is based in our Mountain View, CA or San Francisco, CA headquarters.
- Represent Upwork Enterprise to our clients and support the day to day operations of your client's talent programs.
- Identify, research and resolve program operations issues related to service fulfillment, product issue escalation, independent contractor compliance, reporting and billing.
- Develop positive working relationships with client engagement managers, internal Upwork teams and freelancers, and escalate issues when needed.
- Partner with Program Managers to update standard operating procedures (SOP's) for your assigned accounts.
- Achieve program SLA's by operational excellence, tracking, and swift resolution of issues.
- Collaborate with the Sales, Operations, and Solutions teams to architect world class freelancer programs and standard operating procedures.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 2+ years experience in day to day operations of a contingent workforce program, preferably as part of a MSP onsite team.
- Experience working with contingent workers or SOW suppliers with remote workforces with technical and creative talent.
- Excellent organizational skills and multitasking abilities that allow you to complete a project from planning to full completion.
How to really knock our socks off:
- Experience with VMS platforms and the source to pay lifecycle for contingent workers specifically around invoicing and payments.
- Experience working with independent contractor compliance issues.
- Experience working directly with hiring managers and contingent workers to resolve issues in the source to pay lifecycle.
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills with an emphasis on task quality (thorough, detail-oriented, accountable).
- Team player with strong communication skills.
- Strong abilities with Excel and Google Apps, specifically analyzing and creating ad-hoc reports using pivot tables or macros is a plus.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you'll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we're creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You'll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you'll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesdays, daily breakfasts and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits and more. Check out Upwork's spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Upwork's Employees
Sr. Director, Conversion Marketing
Katrina works with the the ten million freelancers on Upwork’s platform. She works hard to understand their needs and to drive the organization in the right direction to help them succeed.
Back to top