Associate Freelancer Growth Manager
Upwork is the world’s top freelancing website. Each year over $1 billion of work happens through Upwork, helping businesses get more done and freelancers work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork you’ll help build on this momentum. Together we’ll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for professionals to connect, collaborate and succeed.
The Freelancer Success team works to ensure that the best freelancers and agencies on Upwork can launch and grow successful businesses. The team works closely with Upwork’s Product, Operations, and Marketing teams to attract, grow and retain top freelance talent on the platform and continuously improve the freelancer experience. As an Associate Freelancer Growth Manager, you will manage multiple programs across the freelancer lifecycle such as rising talent, top rated freelancers, premium agencies, local events, partnerships, skill testing, and voice of the customer programs.
- Lead a company-wide effort to develop freelancer talent and grow the agency business
- Create and execute against a detailed, cross-functional work plan to increase income and loyalty among our highest-quality freelancers and agencies
- Continuously collect and analyze qualitative and quantitative user input to determine how we can do better
- Influence partners in Marketing, Product and Operations to prioritize your initiatives
- Drive ongoing innovation and develop tests to improve key metrics and synthesize the insights from your programs to contribute to our broader freelancer strategy
- Monitor and report progress on talent development to senior management and other stakeholders
- Periodically hire and collaborate with freelancers to support your
What it takes to catch our eye:
- A track-record of successfully managing projects end-to-end -- establishing goals, developing project plans, influencing others to take action and holding them accountable for results
- An ability to pro-actively identify opportunities to impact key metrics,
evaluate and prioritize approaches, and take them from concept to execution
- Exceptional analytical skills, including advanced knowledge of Excel, with the ability to generate insights and action plans from data; SQL proficiency is a strong plus
How to really knock our socks off:
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in marketing, product management or management consulting
- A passion for empowering people around the world and helping customers succeed
- Strong leadership abilities with proven success collaborating with cross-functional initiatives
- Fantastic verbal and written communication skills
- A sense of urgency, a propensity for taking the initiative, and a comfort being persistent when needed
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Build amazing teams, Put community first and, Bias towards action. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesdays, daily breakfasts and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Meet Some of Upwork's Employees
Sr. Director, Conversion Marketing
Katrina works with the the ten million freelancers on Upwork’s platform. She works hard to understand their needs and to drive the organization in the right direction to help them succeed.
Back to top