Analytics Manager, Product & Site
Upwork is the world's largest freelancing website. Each year $1.5 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you'll help build on this momentum. Together, we'll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
Are you motivated to make an impact in a high-growth company? Are you a hands-on entrepreneurial leader who loves to sit on the boundaries of business, product and technology? Are you passionate about solving challenging analytic problems? Upwork is looking for a Analytics Manager, Product and Site to find opportunities for growth in its Enterprise business. You will be part of the Business Management & Analytics team and will work closely with our Engineering and Product management team.
- You will be a strategic partner with the Product Management team and sales teams to drive data driven decisions. Provide comprehensive reporting, analytical and advisory services to the teams by generating insights into our product and services.
- You understand the business needs, and define KPI's to establish baseline understanding of our product, and to measure performance of different drivers of business. Design and develop standard dashboards to monitor the trends.
- You will go deep into the product and the data to develop hypothesis and conduct analysis to answer complex business questions and help improve our product.
- You will think strategically about how to scale the work that you and the team do. Develop tools and automated process that project the work out to a broader audience. Also, conduct training and mentoring to help people around you improve at what they do collectively so that we’re better off as a team.
- You will work with Engineering and Business Intelligence teams to define infrastructure and data needs.
What it takes to catch our eye:
- 6+ years of work experience as analyst, strategy consulting or in an analytical role partnering with senior leaders to translate business questions into analytical actions
- You are a creative problem-solver who thrives on challenges, and is accustomed to a working in a fast pace environment on multiple projects, fulfilling priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Expert level SQL knowledge, advanced excel concepts and experience with data visualization tools (Looker, Tableau, DOMO)
- You have excellent communication skills – ability to communicate complex results findings and recommendations persuasively, in a compelling and easy to understand manner
- Experience leading or managing a team
How to really knock our socks off:
- Passion for high-growth, and desire to contribute in an energizing environment
- Experience in marketplaces or e-commerce business a plus
- Expertise with Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Modelling and Statistical experience a plus
- Domain expertise in subjects such as experimental design and Multivariate/A-B testing
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we’re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You’ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you’ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday's, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits … and more. Check out Upwork’s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Back to top