Account Executive - Chicago
The best companies win with the best talent. But great people can be hard to find. At Upwork we’ve created the world's largest on-demand talent platform earning more than $1 Billion annually. With Upwork customers can tap into a global pool of 12 Million highly skilled and specialized knowledge workers across 3500+ skill categories in over 180 countries. The Upwork platform provides our customers with the infrastructure to build entire teams of talent in the cloud, accessible on-demand and at a cost saving of up to 80% less and 5x faster than traditional resources. Simply put, we empower organizations to get more stuff done, faster.
Customers and industry analysts have seen the trends. More companies are moving towards larger contingent workforces and many are using online staffing platforms to manage this shift. As a result, Upwork is growing and growing fast! We’re looking to add Enterprise Account Executives within our Chicago and San Francisco offices.
As an Enterprise Account Executive you’ll be responsible for driving sales of Upwork products and services within a set of Accounts located in a specified geographic territory, exceeding sales objectives. You will manage all aspects of the sales process including prospecting, lead management, qualification, customer evaluation, closing and account care. In this quota-carrying sales position, you will have a real opportunity to make visible impact within our organization.
At Upwork you’ll work with great products, great services and some of the most gifted business people around: Award-winning and patented technology that just keeps getting better. You’re not going to be just another cog in the wheel. You’ll have a real opportunity to make visible impact within this organization. This is a true career opportunity with tremendous professional and financial upside.
Ever worked for a company where a customer says “for every dollar I spend with I get four dollars in return”? You can at Upwork.
In this role, you will:
- Define and execute territory / account sales plans for the territory and then meet and exceed sales goals (quotas) through prospecting, qualifying, managing and closing sales opportunities within the assigned Named Accounts
- Develop and manage sales pipeline – prospect and assess new sales potential while moving a large number of transactions simultaneously through the sales pipeline
- Manage and track customer and transactional information in a CRM system
- Coordinate resources throughout the sales cycle, including sales engineering, program management, customer care and product teams
- Orchestrate a highly consultative and value driven sales process focused on identifying customer problems, matching solutions with needs, demonstrating a strong business case for Upwork
- Nurture and expand the company’s relationship with customer accounts of all sizes
- Provide regular reporting of pipeline and forecast through the CRM system
- Keep abreast of competition, competitive issues and products
- Practice effective, excellent communication with management, customers and support staff
- Participate in team-building and company-growth activities including strategy setting, sales training, marketing efforts and customer care.
- Travel to customer locations in support of sales efforts.
- Perform other duties as assigned
To win in this role, you need:
- Experience: this is not your first rodeo. 5-10 years of software, human capital management technology, staffing, or recruiting industry sales experience a big plus. You’ve worked with complex sales to Fortune 500 companies and have six-figure deal experience.
- Proven performance. Consistent overachievement of sales goals in a large geographic territory.
- Amazing sales abilities. You have a desire, even an obsession, to bring new customers into Upwork and maximize revenue. You are a closer.
- Excellent communication. You know what to say and more importantly, how to say it.
- A mission driven mentality. Highly driven individual with an execution focus and a strong sense of urgency and a belief in Upwork’s mission. You can go beyond relationship management.
- Drive. You are a go-getter and willing to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic; self-directed and resourceful.
- Entrepreneurial spirit. Knowing how to build and grow a business is essential.
- Strategic, creative thinking. You understand industry and customer trends and can relate those trends to selling prospects and recruiting new hires.
- Energy and creativity. Energy and enthusiasm are your hallmarks. You think out of the box and wow people with your interesting angles and quality work. You love the creative process – whether that’s selling a new customer or recruiting a great salesperson to join us.
- Teamwork. You’re a leader and you know that to get the best results, and you also have to be a great team player that wins the respect and trust of people throughout the organization.
- Passion for great work. Nothing less than your best will do.
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you’ll make a real difference in the world, rolling up your sleeves to help reinvent how the world works. As a major player in one of the most exciting and fastest growing markets on the planet, you’ll join a team that’s leading the charge in online work – creating new freedom and opportunity for businesses and freelancers alike. In short, you’ll change lives, which will do wonders for your career, self-esteem and karma.
Along the way you’ll enjoy a bona-fide work-life balance (we practice what we preach), with all of the perks you expect from a thriving tech leader (think free breakfast and lunch, happy hours, team outings and the like). Plus every Wednesday is a work from home day for many teams, although our main offices in Mountain View, and San Francisco are warm and inviting. Naturally you’ll also draw a nice paycheck and enjoy some meaty benefits. So join us as we work wonders creating the future of work.
Back to top