Video Content Intern - Fall 2017
Did you create the most viral video in your school's marketing class? Was it shared hundreds of times? Could you do it again? Great – this may be the internship for you.
As one of the fastest growing tech companies in NYC and the leader in revolutionizing how Americans move from one home to another, the Updater team gets pretty busy. Therefore, we’re looking for a rockstar intern to support our marketing department in the planning and execution of video content. Our ideal candidate will take ownership of projects from start to finish and will “wow” us with flawless execution and cinematic prowess. This internship is an excellent opportunity for any student who is looking to gain real life exposure to the inner workings of one of the hardest-working marketing teams in New York City (shameless plug). We will help you develop a solid set of professional skills that will be transferable for your next internship and beyond.
As our Video Content Intern, you’ll coordinate video production at Updater from top to bottom, including pre-shoot planning and post-shoot editing. On a typical day, you’ll be responsible for anything from helping to scope out locations for our shoots to editing to make sure every second is perfect to share the final product with our team. In addition, you’ll have the opportunity to implement a side project of your choosing and own its execution from start to finish. Best yet, you’ll work alongside an extremely motivated team that truly loves working together (consider team outings, group lunches, and team karaoke all part of the job).
Excited? Learn more about the internship program and what past interns have to say here.
- Coordinate video production logistics
- Produce and edit video content for internal client training, social media, public relations, and more
- Communicate and track critical deadlines
- Share new ideas to improve existing processes and actively seek solutions to our biggest pain points
- And much more!
- You’re a rising senior in college (preferred)
- You excel at iMovie, the Adobe Creative Cloud suite for post-production, and YouTube
- You have experience shooting and editing videos for business
- You’re extremely detail oriented and have excellent written and verbal skills
- You’ve moved at least once in your life and dream of a world where moving doesn’t suck
A month at Updater might include:
- Rotating office DJ duties
- Catered Monday breakfasts, Friday lunches, and rip-roaring happy hours
- Awesome off-site activities, like zombie laser tag and Escape the Room (just to name a few!)
- Cross-functional collaboration with the entire team
- Group outings to NYC Meetup events
- This is a paid internship.
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly transfer utilities, update accounts and records, forward mail, and much more. Hundreds of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily and relocation companies) rely on Updater’s real estate products to save clients hours with a branded and personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised nearly $100 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors®), and more. Updater ranked #3 on Crain's 2016 Best Places to Work in NYC, ranking as the highest rated tech company on the list. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Meet Some of Updater's Employees
Gretchen collaborates with Updater’s Engineering, Sales, and Success Teams to create ever-improving product features to streamline the moving process.
Back to top