Senior Backend Engineer, Platform Team
Have you worked with Ruby (or Python or Go) for years, but secretly use another programming language on the weekends? Do you chuckle to yourself when you finally see an article about the merits of Lambda because you already built an app with it months ago? If so, let’s talk!
Updater is one of the fastest growing tech companies in Silicon Alley, and our goal is to streamline the moving process for the millions of households who move each year. Moving is complicated, but it shouldn’t be. That’s why our platform is comprised of a suite of both business and consumer-facing apps.
We’re looking for a Senior Backend Engineer to join our small team and build the next generation of Updater’s Integrations Platform. Our Integrations Platform is key to data collection and ingestion at Updater, allowing us to integrate with clients such as real estate brokerages, property management companies, and moving companies.
On the Platform Team, we’re building a new Integrations Platform. This is a true opportunity to build a product from ideation to launch.
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate daily with product, internal stakeholders, and other engineers to design and build data pipelines
- Engage in architecture and infrastructure decisions for the product(s) you own
- Take responsibility for planning and execution of business-critical products
- Own the QA, operations, and performance of your product and features
What you’ll have:
- 5+ years experience working on complex back-end applications such as APIs, ETL pipelines, and reporting tools.
- Experience with multiple open source tools and cloud hosting.
- Tremendous domain knowledge. You’re intellectually curious, and understand the pros and cons of different tools and technologies.
- A pragmatic approach to engineering. You have opinions about engineering. processes, architecture, infrastructure, and tools, but understand there are often multiple valid ways to solve a problem.
- Product and business sense. You care about the impact of your work on the business and end user and take a proactive approach to working with Product.
A month at Updater might include:
- Rotating office DJ duties
- Catered Monday breakfasts, Friday lunches, and rip-roaring happy hours
- Awesome off-site activities, like zombie laser tag and Escape the Room (just to name a few!)
- Cross-functional collaboration with the entire team
- Group outings to NYC Meetup events
Compensation & Benefits:
We're looking for top-tier talent, and we offer compensation packages that include competitive base salary & stock options. Our comprehensive benefits programs include health care, dental, transportation subsidies, and Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO).
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly transfer utilities, update accounts and records, forward mail, and much more. Hundreds of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily and relocation companies) rely on Updater’s real estate products to save clients hours with a branded and personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised nearly $100 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors®), and more. Updater ranked #3 on Crain's 2016 Best Places to Work in NYC, ranking as the highest rated tech company on the list. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Meet Some of Updater's Employees
Gretchen collaborates with Updater’s Engineering, Sales, and Success Teams to create ever-improving product features to streamline the moving process.
Back to top