Do you obsess over small details and enjoy solving puzzles? Do you thrive on building relationships with internal teams to understand the ins and outs of their departments? Are you an unapologetic brand ambassador, talent scout, and investigator? Fantastic. We have big plans for 2017, and we’re building our internal talent acquisition effort. This role will assist in hiring for teams across all of our business functions. Sourcing. Scheduling. Screening. Interviews. Hire!
What you’ll do:
- Play an integral role in treating our candidates like customers and providing them the “Updater Experience”
- Perform complex calendar management and other administrative support functions for interviews and other internal and external meetings
- Take part in consulting with hiring managers to understand specific role objectives and use this information to write and post job descriptions
- Perform phone screens and onsite interviews for various roles
- Help maintain our ATS
- Help facilitate the new hire onboarding process
- Assist in the preparation of recruiting presentations as needed
- Handle tasks associated with various projects and programs supported by the team
- Build cross-functional relationships with key partners in other departments
- General people operations duties as needed
What you have:
- Internship or equivalent experience in recruiting or general people operations
- Experience prioritizing multiple projects
- Excellent interpersonal skills: confidence interacting, communicating, and empathizing with all experience levels
- Self-motivation, strong time management, and organization skills
- Passionate, innovative spirit, and a desire to work in a flexible and fast-paced environment
- Humility and a good sense of humor!
- BA / BS degree
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly transfer utilities, update accounts and records, forward mail, and much more. Hundreds of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily and relocation companies) rely on Updater’s real estate products to save clients hours with a branded and personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised nearly $100 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors®), and more. Updater ranked #3 on Crain's 2016 Best Places to Work in NYC, ranking as the highest rated tech company on the list. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Meet Some of Updater's Employees
Gretchen collaborates with Updater’s Engineering, Sales, and Success Teams to create ever-improving product features to streamline the moving process.
Back to top