Lead Integrations Engineer, Platform Team
Do SOAP and REST mean more to you than just personal hygiene? Are you driven by the desire to interact with clients & stakeholders outside of Engineering in order to architect and build the smoothest integrations this side of the Mississippi? If so, you might just be the Lead Integrations Engineer we’re looking for!
Updater is one of the fastest growing tech companies in NYC, and our goal is to streamline the moving process for the millions of households who move each year. Moving is complicated, but it shouldn’t be. That’s why our platform is comprised of a suite of both business and consumer-facing apps.
The secret to our incredible growth is our robust Integrations Platform that allows our partners in the real estate industry to automatically invite their customers to join Updater.
As Lead Integrations Engineer, you’ll join our Platform Engineering team and take ownership of the suite of partner and client integrations that run on our platform. You’ll work with our team to maintain and evolve existing integrations and build out new ones to support our continued growth.
What you’ll do:
- Design and build new integrations with our real estate companies and software providers to bring moving data into the Updater ecosystem via API integrations, file-drops, or other data exchange methods
- Work closely with other members of the Platform Engineering team so that our tools and architecture are evolving to meet the demands of our integrations
- Partner with our Client Success team to ensure that all of our client integrations are operational and bug-free
- Communicate regularly with external stakeholders, including clients and software integration partners
- Own the QA, operations, and performance of your product and features
What you’ll have:
- 5+ years experience working with a variety of APIs (SOAP, REST). You’ve built API clients and have lost count of the docs that you’ve read
- A strong grasp of any scripting language (Ruby, Python, PHP, Node.js, etc)
- Previous experience with software integrations
- Solid communication skills, in addition to your technical skills. You’ve regularly talked to clients, vendors, or business partners in the past
- Experience leading projects in an agile development process
- Tremendous domain knowledge. You’re intellectually curious, and understand the pros and cons of different tools and technologies
- A pragmatic approach to engineering. You have opinions about engineering processes, architecture, infrastructure, and tools, but understand there are often multiple valid ways to solve a problem
A month at Updater might include:
- Rotating office DJ duties
- Catered Monday breakfasts, Friday lunches, and rip-roaring happy hours
- Awesome off-site activities, like zombie laser tag and Escape the Room (just to name a few!)
- Cross-functional collaboration with the entire team
- Group outings to NYC Meetup events
Compensation & Benefits:
We're looking for top-tier talent, and we offer compensation packages that include competitive base salary & stock options. Our comprehensive benefits programs include health care, dental, transportation subsidies, and Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO).
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly transfer utilities, update accounts and records, forward mail, and much more. Hundreds of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily and relocation companies) rely on Updater’s real estate products to save clients hours with a branded and personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised nearly $100 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors®), and more. Updater ranked #3 on Crain's 2016 Best Places to Work in NYC, ranking as the highest rated tech company on the list. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Meet Some of Updater's Employees
Gretchen collaborates with Updater’s Engineering, Sales, and Success Teams to create ever-improving product features to streamline the moving process.
Back to top