Lead Data Analyst
Does uncovering hidden insights in data give you life? Do you often find yourself saying “but was the difference statistically significant?”, even to your friends? Do you get excited thinking about your favorite app’s data model, even though you don’t work there?
Then we’d like to cordially invite you to geek out on data as the newest member of Updater’s Analytics team. A pillar of Updater’s Data team alongside Data Engineering, Analytics’s mandate is to use data to improve business outcomes and to make Updater a data-driven company. By partnering with teams across the organization, Analytics enriches customer experience and helps develop new products, drives strategy and discovers insights, evangelizes data-driven decision-making, and facilitates data access and education, all to achieve Updater’s vision of being the leading platform for the relocation industry.
As Lead Data Analyst, you’ll be on the front lines working with stakeholders across the organization to perform analysis, make business recommendations, build reports, provide data education, and build data-based logic into our products. If you love getting up to your ears in data and aren’t satisfied until a project is driven to meaningful impact, we want to work with you!
- Partner with our Product team to design, run, evaluate, and act on A/B tests to release new product features to our users
- Collaborate with our SVP of Commercial Partnerships to demonstrate the value of our mover data to potential business partners and drive significant revenue
- Work with other Data team members to choose and build-out the model for a BI tool, facilitating data access for team members across Updater
- Partner with our Success and Engineering teams to build a data quality anomaly detection system to help keep our data clean and maximize one of Updater’s company-wide KPIs
- Empathy: you strive to see the world from your customers’ point of view in order to anticipate their needs
- Humility: you have an opinion, but aren’t afraid to be proven wrong, and are open to suggestions on what tool or technique is best to most efficiently solve a problem
- Strong communication: you’re as comfortable talking with our VP of Product as you are with our Director of API Engineering
- Comfortable with ambiguity: you’re used to being asked open-ended questions and whittling them down to questions that can be answered by hard data
- 4+ years experience as an analyst in a fast-paced startup environment; proven ability to drive material business impact through analytics
- Expert SQL & Python skills
- Strong command of statistics and A/B testing best practices
- Experience with modern BI tools (Looker, Periscope, Mode, etc)
Bonus Points For
- Experience setting up and administering a BI tool
- Experience implementing a data education program
- Experience building and selling a data product
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly forward mail, transfer utilities, connect TV and internet, and much more. Thousands of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily and relocation companies) rely on Updater’s real estate products to save clients hours with a branded and personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised over $100 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors®), and more. Updater ranked #3 on Crain's 2016 Best Places to Work in NYC, ranking as the highest rated tech company on the list, and ranked #7 in 2018. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Back to top