IT Solutions Manager
What do computers eat as a snack? If you believe that microchips and Bagel Bytes are both acceptable answers, we want you on our team.
You are always questioning, always wondering, and above all, always tinkering. You never look at a software based on the features it currently has, you look at it based on what it should have. You are always looking for the next great thing, and it’s here – IT Solutions Manager at Updater.
Scaling a company is hard, but you make it easier because you’ve thought of everything. We take a pragmatic approach at Updater, using software to scale, rather than people. You will work directly with the tech, success, marketing, and sales teams to come up with eloquent solutions to tough problems.
What you’ll do:
- Manage Updater’s IT inventory and networks
- Collaborate with hiring managers to refine and automate our employee onboarding process including new hire hardware setup (you’ll know how to select the right computer, monitor, and peripherals based on the needs of the role)
- Maintain onboarding documentation
- Create and maintain documentation of our office equipment
- Prepare and coordinate A/V equipment for team meetings and offsites
- Provision users (using Okta, Meldium, and Bitium)
- Provide technical support when needed to NYC-based and remote employees
- Manage our G-Suite infrastructure
What you have:
- Expert knowledge of OSX (5+ years)
- Extensive knowledge of the ins and outs of G-Suite (4+ years)
- Experience with Zapier (1-3 years)
- Experience with Windows and Linux (2+ years)
- Advanced SQL knowledge
- Experience deploying an instance of Cisco Meraki or other
- Experience implementing SaaS systems
- Some A/V knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with the command line
- A pragmatic approach to your work and problem-solving
A month at Updater might include:
- Rotating office DJ duties
- Catered Monday breakfasts, Friday lunches, and rip-roaring happy hours
- Awesome off-site activities, like zombie laser tag and Escape the Room (just to name a few!)
- Cross-functional collaboration with the entire team
- Group outings to NYC Meetup events
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly transfer utilities, update accounts and records, forward mail, and much more. Hundreds of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily and relocation companies) rely on Updater’s real estate products to save clients hours with a branded and personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised nearly $100 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors®), and more. Updater ranked #3 on Crain's 2016 Best Places to Work in NYC, ranking as the highest rated tech company on the list. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Meet Some of Updater's Employees
Gretchen collaborates with Updater’s Engineering, Sales, and Success Teams to create ever-improving product features to streamline the moving process.
Back to top