Customer Experience Associate
Do you open doors for strangers or offer your seat on the subway to someone who needs it?
As one of the fastest growing tech companies in NYC and the leader in revolutionizing how Americans move from one home to another, the Updater team gets pretty busy. Our user base is growing like crazy, and we need a few extra hands on deck to keep our users happy!
We’re looking for an extremely organized, self-motivated, and hardworking individual who genuinely loves helping others. Our ideal candidate will have excellent phone and email demeanor, superior research skills, and will be able to juggle working on multiple projects simultaneously. If you love making other people’s lives easier, then this is the role for you.
As our Customer Experience Associate, you’ll be on the frontline to help us understand how we can improve all aspects of our product and service, as well as help us to build out processes to streamline and share customer insights with our Product team. A typical day will include responding to user inquiries via phone, email, live chat, and social media, researching and updating our partnership databases, helping to connect users to reputable moving companies, brainstorming proactive customer engagement campaigns, and more. Best yet, you’ll work alongside an extremely dedicated and motivated team that’s truly dedicated to your success.
Your responsibilities may include:
- Resolving customer issues via phone, email, live chat, and social media
- Working closely with our Customer Experience Manager to identify and track common issues, questions, and feedback from our users
- Managing and building relationships with our partners to ensure all account updates go through seamlessly
- Providing meaningful feedback to the Product and Engineering team to help improve the UI and performance of the application
- Thinking on your feet to devise creative solutions to any and all problems that arise
- Serving as a member of our awesome Utilities Taskforce which is dedicated to researching utilities across the United States
- Gathering and analyzing data about our various customer segments and engagement metrics for each
- And much more!
- You have at least 1-2 years of relevant CS experience at a high-growth startup
- You’re passionate about customer service and making things right
- You are comfortable using a support ticketing system (Desk, Zendesk, Freshdesk)
- You excel at managing competing priorities and deadlines
- You’re willing to working weekend or holiday coverage, as needed
- You’re extremely detail oriented and have excellent written and communication skills
- You have SQL experience (preferred but not required)
- You’ve moved at least once in your life and dream of a world where moving doesn’t suck
A month at Updater might include:
- Rotating office DJ duties
- Catered Monday breakfasts, Friday lunches, and rip-roaring happy hours
- Awesome off-site activities, like zombie laser tag and Escape the Room (just to name a few!)
- Cross-functional collaboration with the entire team
- Group outings to NYC Meetup events
Compensation & Benefits:
We're looking for top-tier talent and offer compensation packages that include competitive base salary & stock options. Our comprehensive benefits programs include health care, dental, transportation subsidies, and Flexible Paid Time Off (PTO).
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly transfer utilities, update accounts and records, forward mail, and much more. Hundreds of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily and relocation companies) rely on Updater’s real estate products to save clients hours with a branded and personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised nearly $100 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors®), and more. Updater ranked #3 on Crain's 2016 Best Places to Work in NYC, ranking as the highest rated tech company on the list. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Meet Some of Updater's Employees
Gretchen collaborates with Updater’s Engineering, Sales, and Success Teams to create ever-improving product features to streamline the moving process.
Back to top