Client Success Manager
Has anyone ever told you that you’re a “people person” or a great teacher? Is this your theme song? If so, you’re perfect for this role.
Updater’s happy client base is growing like crazy and we need a few extra hands on deck! We’re onboarding hundreds of new clients from the largest property managers in the country to the most prestigious real estate brokerages and moving companies in the industry. Therefore, we’re seeking a rock star to help us cultivate and maintain all of our very important relationships.
While we work with incredibly talented, business-savvy individuals, sometimes our clients need a little handholding and concierge-level service. Put yourself in their shoes: they just bought a shiny new toy (Updater!) and it will be your job to not only teach them how to use it but also proactively help with any issues, leaving them with a great first impression of Updater. We’re looking for a true relationship-developer, someone to take our client experience to the next level (and the next… and the next… and…well, you should understand where we’re going with this).
As Updater’s newest Client Success Manager, you’ll serve as our clients’ primary business liaison – their go-to for all things “Updater.” You’ll be responsible for guiding our clients through the entire lifecycle of the relationship, helping deploy Updater and, ultimately, achieve excellent ROI.
- Ensure smooth transition from sales, to onboarding, to active usage
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting customer relationships
- Host regular training webinars, spreading the good news about Updater’s technology and new product features/initiatives to internal and external stakeholders
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with key customer stakeholders
- Guarantee the timely and successful delivery of our solutions
- Negotiate upsells and ensure our existing clients renew when the time comes
- 2-6 years of onboarding, client success, account management and/or marketing experience (start-up experience a plus)
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, present and influence credibly and effectively at all levels of the organization
- Experience in delivering client-focused solutions based on customer needs
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects while paying strict attention to detail
- PERSONALITY! We’re looking for a captivating and engaging people-person – you’re passionate about what you do, and you want the whole world to know it!
- BA/BS degree or equivalent
A month at Updater might include:
- People wearing crazy hats in meetings
- Rotating office DJ
- Cross-functional collaboration
- Group outings and participation in NYC Meetup events
- Fun company outings, like our Epic 80’s Ski Weekend
- Bad jokes & misguided humor
- Late nights
- Tall Boy Fridays
- Weekly team lunches & happy hours
Updater makes moving easier for the 17 million households that relocate every year in the US. With Updater, users seamlessly transfer utilities, update accounts and records, forward mail, and much more. Hundreds of the most prominent real estate companies in the US (from real estate brokerages to multifamily and relocation companies) rely on Updater’s real estate products to save clients hours with a branded and personalized Updater moving experience.
Headquartered in New York City, Updater has raised nearly $100 million from leading investors, including SoftBank Capital, IA Ventures, Commerce Ventures, Second Century Ventures (the strategic investment arm of the National Association of Realtors®), and more. Updater ranked #3 on Crain's 2016 Best Places to Work in NYC, ranking as the highest rated tech company on the list. For more information, please visit www.updater.com.
Updater is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants regardless of color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, actual or presumed belonging to an ethnic group, or any other legally protected status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Meet Some of Updater's Employees
Gretchen collaborates with Updater’s Engineering, Sales, and Success Teams to create ever-improving product features to streamline the moving process.
Back to top