Technical Design Associate
UNTUCKit is an American casual men's apparel company established in 2011 and headquartered in SoHo, New York City. The company focuses on selling casual shirts that are designed not to be tucked into pants thus are cut a bit shorter than typical men's dress shirts.
Casual shirts are UNTUCKit's core product, although other clothing items are also now available from the company's website and brick-and-Mortar stores. The product line includes button-down shirts, Polos, Tee Shirts, Henley's, Vests, Sweatshirts, outerwear and Sports coats. Offerings within Men’s, Women’s and Boy’s categories.
UNTUCKit LLC seeks an Associate Technical Designer to join our Product Development team.
The ideal candidate must have a background (minimum of 3 years experience) in menswear. Candidate knowledgeable, proficient in any of or combination of categories; Woven Shirts and Knits, Outerwear, Sport Coats and Woven Bottoms
- Assist Technical Director and Technical Managers, Primary Manager of assigned category(s)
- Communicate daily with overseas and domestic Vendor / Factory Partners
- Interface daily, collaborate with cross-functional team members; Product Development, Design, Production, Merchandising.
- Generate and manage PLM Technical Design components; Prototype requisitions, prototype evaluation history thru entirety of development cycle from Design Handoff thru to Pre-production sample Bulk approval stage, Fit Specification updates and Bulk Grading
- Efficiently manage T&A workflow and load. Adhere to timely progression and ensure prototype submissions and approvals fall within constraints of seasonal calendar milestone and production deadlines. Monitor daily and track WIP.
- Pre-inspect and measure garment prototypes in preparation for cross-functional fit and construction evaluations. Assess garment for compliance to specifications outlined in PLM technical package and adherence to brand standards
- Assist / co-conduct garment technical evaluations (internal in-house fittings)
- Convey Design and Technical intent to cross-functional team, senior management and vendor/factory partners. Compile concise comprehensive written assessment of fit and construction.
- Maintain sample seasonal archival library
- Manage updates and maintain Fit Block Library
- Manage updated and maintain Grade Rule and Construction Standards
- Conduct Benchmark Brand Fit and Construction Comparison studies
- Assist Technical Design partners if/when necessary to redistribute workload in order to maintain seasonal calendar objectives.
Effectively manage yearly, seasonal and delivery calendar milestones of prototype lifecycle from initial Design Handoff, thru all development stages to approval of Bulk Production.
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferred in design or fashion related field
- 4+ year experience in menswear garment industry
- Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Office, Excel, Adobe Creative Suite; Illustrator
- Proficient in menswear garment construction analysis of listed categories
- Proficient understanding of garment balance
- Proficient understanding of Fit and Silhouette
- General understanding of pattern making
- General understanding of pattern correction and manipulation
- General understanding of garment construction and assembly
- General understanding of Grading
- Keen attention to detail
- Strong sense of urgency
- Excellent time management
- Task to deadline goal focused
- Possess high level work ethic
- Excellent communication skills; Verbal and written
- Able to work independently and in team environment
Back to top