Supply Business Development Associate, New York
WANTED: A self-motivated and growth-orientated publisher development professional to help build out our US publisher network and manage strategic partnerships in the programmatic space.
As Business Development Manager, you will identify, pursue, and negotiate new partnership deals for Unruly across verticals such as tech, female/male lifestyle, sports or entertainment. Your remit will may require you to include attributes that will contribute to the companies ever growing programmatic efforts, in identify key partners on both the supply and demand side within the landscape.
You will have a passion for social video and publishing. As Supply Business Development Associate you will manage all facets of the sales cycle including prospecting, closing, implementing and relationship management, and build successful long-term relationships. You will work at Unruly's New York office and will be report to the Sr BD Manager, US. Are you comfortable forging partnerships with digital publishers across online and mobile environments? Are you looking for a role within a high-growth, fast-paced startup environment? If your answer is "Hell Yeah!" then this could be for you.
Reports to: Sr BD Manager Global
Location: New York US
Employment Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Full time
Benefits: There are regular team outing nights, Takeout Tuesdays, weekly deliveries of muffins, beer, and fruit,… occasional poker nights and an annual Unruly Festival. Plus we spend way too much time watching and sharing the most awesome videos on the Web.
About the role: Mission
- Own and manage business development efforts across the US predominantly, and wherever additional efforts are needed; cultivate partnerships, evaluate needs, establish mutually agreeable terms, negotiate and close deals.
- Online publishers and networks
- Programmatic platforms
- Global BD Team (Supply and Demand)
- Strategic Planning
- US Sales
- US Operations
- Global Product Development Teams
About You: Experience
You must have:
- Demonstrated experience selling solutions to digital publishers and building relationships with key decision makers
- Previously identified key publishing partners
- Managed all facets of the sales cycle including prospecting, closing, implementing and relationship management.
- Negotiated deals with new publishing partners across multiple verticals
- Previously performed against business development targets
- Knowledge of culture, trends and innovation in the digital space
About You: Skills
You must be:
- A skilled negotiator with keen interest with closing deals and working with publishers
- Analytical, able to solve problems, articulate solutions and analyse and report upon data
- Able to prepare collateral and present value proposition on key publishers for sales teams
- Experienced user of the Microsoft Office Suite (including Powerpoint and Excel) and ideally have some experience with Google Apps
- Able to understand basics of digital product development and platforms
About You: Behavior
You must be:
- Confident – in escalating business critical issues internally/externally, able to effectively liaise with a variety of internal and external stakeholders (sales, operations, publishers)
- Collaborative – happy to work closely with local and global colleagues in a fast growth start-up environment
- Energetic – with a high level of initiative and motivation, great at networking, negotiating and closing deals
- Customer-focused – with excellent communication, networking and negotiation skills
- Dedicated – to delivering great service
- Organised – able to deliver campaign requirements to deadline and prioritize leads
- Team-oriented – with the ability to problem-solve proactively and deal with multiple priorities
About You: Education & Qualifications
- Honors-level degree or equivalent preferred (relevant apprenticeship/job training or University of Life also counts)
- 0-2 years of work experience in digital media or advertising
The WOW factor!
We'd love it if you:
- Have experience or knowledge in RTB and programmatic environments
- Have led global relationships with premium publishers and large networks
- Have direct experience closing deals with partners in the video space
Unruly is the ad tech company that gets videos watched, tracked and shared across the Open Web. Positioned at the intersect of video, social, native & mobile, Unruly uses emotional audience data and user-friendly video formats to massively increase viewer engagement, brand performance & publisher revenues.
With 3 out of every 4 video views now taking place outside of YouTube, 91% of Ad Age 100 brands have already used Unruly to connect with audiences at speed and scale across the Open Web.
Differentiated by a unique data set of 2 trillion video views and powered by a full tech stack, Unruly adds value by algorithmically evaluating content shareability and programmatically targeting custom audiences. Viewability is 100% guaranteed to an audience of 1.35 billion monthly unique users across mobile, tablet and desktop devices. UnrulyX is our home-grown native outstream SSP transacting billions of impressions monthly for our over 1,000 publishers.
UnrulyX is the first supply side platform (SSP) for mobile video to offer scaled delivery of native ad formats and guarantee the viewability of premium video impressions bought via RTB.
Unruly employs nearly 300 people across 15 offices, with regional HQs in London, New York and Singapore. Its super power is emotional ad tech. Its secret weapon is passionate people on a mission to #DeliverWow. Unruly was acquired by News Corp in September 2015.
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in the US.
Meet Some of Unruly's Employees
Jess distributes and optimizes global video campaigns. Though she’s a member of Unruly’s Operations Team, she works across multiple teams in the company.
Back to top