Sr Sales Manager – Melbourne
WANTED: Is social media and digital advertising hardwired into your DNA? Are you on a first name basis with key media agencies and brand marketers in Melbourne? Does the opportunity to sell emerging video media and technology excite you? Are you a sales rock star? Are you comfortable in a high-growth, fast-paced environment? If the answer is a ringing yes, this role could be for you. We're looking for an extraordinary sales professional who can drive maximum social video advertising revenues from key media and advertising agencies within the Melbourne market.
Based in Melbourne, and working closely alongside the Sales team and the MD Australia and New Zealand in Sydney, you will be part of establishing Unruly's new Victorian office. You will have sole responsibility for a group of Melbourne's largest media agencies, creative agencies and brands. You will build and maintain robust relationships with key agency personnel, using Unruly's proprietary tools to be a source of knowledge and inspiration to agency partners – pushing the boundaries of branded content, and ensuring Unruly continues to be perceived as a true thought leader in this space. You will be able to hit the ground running and line up meetings to kick start conversations in Melbourne immediately. You'll probably have significant experience in digital media sales (video and/or social media sales experience is a plus).
If you're tired of "plain digital" and feel ready to join a really cool company with a proven business model and a start-up feel, we'd love to learn what makes you Unruly!
Reports to: Managing Director, Australia & New Zealand
Location: Australia, Melbourne
Employment Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Full time
Salary: Competitive, plus bonus
Benefits: Private health for you & your partner, top of the range laptop, iPhone or Android phone. We are also a truly global organization, offering opportunities to collaborate around the world….not to mention our Unrulyduction training programme in London for all new Unrulies and our annual Unruly Fest. Plus we spend way too much time watching and sharing the most awesome videos on the Web.
About the Role: Mission
Your mission will be to:
- Drive maximum revenue for Unruly in Melbourne by forging key relationships with media agencies, direct brands, the Commercial team at News Corp Victoria and have sole responsibility for a group of Melbourne's largest media agencies, creative agencies and brands.
About the Role: Key Relationships
- Media agencies
- Brand marketers
- News Corp Commercial team
- Creative agencies
- PR agencies
About You: Experience
You must have:
- An established network of Melbourne media agency decision-makers
- A track record of prospecting for new business and converting this into revenue
- Frequently networked at a senior level within direct client environments
- Strong experience of digital culture, knowledge of trends and innovation in the digital space
- Understanding of and enthusiasm for the social video space and the ability to inspire confidence and collaboration with your clients
- Understanding of the programmatic advertising ecosystem, including the roles of DSPs, SSPs, Exchanges, RTB and Audience Targeting
About You: Skills
You must be:
- Able to confidently deal with all levels of decision makers
- Able to deliver quality in a rapidly growing and changing business
- An exceptional cold-caller
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite (experience with Google Apps would be beneficial)
About You: Behaviour
You must be:
- Confident – to make decisions
- Calm – able to work well under pressure
- Eager – to succeed in a new sales environment
- Collaborative – happy to work in a Sales team
- Flexible – to work in a fast growth global environment
- A closer – Able to negotiate and close business deals swiftly
- Entrepreneurial – and love the thought of building an empire
About You: Education & Qualifications
- Honours-level degree or equivalent (School of Life also counts)
Travel between Melbourne and Sydney markets (up to weekly) will be required for this role.
All applicants must be eligible to work in Australia.
Having trouble with your application? Please email your CV and Cover Letter to [email protected]ygroup.com
Meet Some of Unruly's Employees
Jess distributes and optimizes global video campaigns. Though she’s a member of Unruly’s Operations Team, she works across multiple teams in the company.
Back to top