Solutions Engineer Team Lead
WANTED: A business focused but highly technical team lead to run our solutions engineering team to provide support and training to other Unruly Teams and to work closely with the engineering teams on research and the roll out of new products and features.
You will work hand in hand with our product development team on new product ideas and support for existing solutions.
As Solutions Engineer Team Lead you'll combine your exceptional communication skills, technical aptitude, and creative thinking around new areas of product and business research whilst ensuring our internal Sales and Media teams receive a high level of technical support and training in areas where they need help. You will develop and manage a team which interacts closely and frequently with both the product development and business development teams.
We are Unruly
Unruly is the ad tech company that gets videos watched, tracked and shared across the Open Web. Positioned at the intersection of video, social, native & mobile, Unruly uses emotional audience data and user-friendly video formats to massively increase viewer engagement, brand performance & publisher revenues. With 3 out of every 4 video views now taking place outside of YouTube, 92% of Ad Age 100 brands already trust Unruly to connect with audiences at speed and scale across the Open Web.
Differentiated by a unique data set of 2 trillion video views and powered by a full tech stack, Unruly adds value by algorithmically evaluating content shareability and programmatically targeting custom audiences. Viewability is 100% guaranteed to an audience of 1.36 billion monthly unique users across mobile, tablet and desktop devices. UnrulyX is the first supply side platform (SSP) for mobile video to offer scaled delivery of native ad formats and guarantee the viewability of premium video impressions bought via RTB.
Unruly employs 200 people across 15 offices, with regional HQs in London, New York and Singapore. Its super power is emotional ad tech. Its secret weapon is passionate people on a mission to #DeliverWow.
Find out more at www.unruly.co
Reports to: Chief Technology Officer
Direct Reports: 7x Solution Engineers (4 UK, 1 DE, 1 AU, 1 US)
Location: London, UK
Employment Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Full time (Mon-Fri 9.30am-6pm)
Benefits:Unruly offers a full suite of world class benefits such as private health cover for you and your partner, a pension scheme, iPhone or Android phone, company laptop, Cycle to Work scheme, childcare vouchers and season ticket loan. There are also company social events, weekly deliveries of fruit and pastries, film nights and an annual Unruly Festival. We are a truly global organisation, offering opportunities to collaborate around the world. Plus we spend way too much time watching and sharing the most awesome videos on the Web.
About the Role: Mission
Your mission will be to:
Lead the Solution Engineering team in performing critical new product research and provide the best possible product support to other Unruly teams.
About the Role: Key Relationships
- Chief Technology Officer
- Engineering Team Leads
- Media Solutions Engineers
- SVP Global Ad Operations
- EVP Global Business Development
- Product Directors
About You: Experience
You must have:
- Experience doing complex technical and business research.
- Working with technical counterparts in businesses with which we have or wish to develop strategic relationships.
- Experience helping teams prioritise work and manage stakeholder expectations.
- Experience providing technical resources to other internal teams
- Used multiple web technologies and be able to adapt to new technologies quickly
- Worked in a customer-facing position
- Worked directly with both colleagues and non technical customers
About You: Skills
- Problem solve with both good logically and lateral problem solving skills
- Build strong relationships with other teams
- Communicate clearly with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
About You: Behaviours
You must be:
- Have previously managed a team of sales, media or solutions engineers in an ad-tech business
- Have experience working with customers and teams in other regions and time zones
- Are knowledgeable about Ad serving and video related technologies
- Have extensive experience of cross-platform web and/or mobile web testing.
About You: Education & Qualifications
- Honours-level degree or equivalent (University of Life also counts)
The WOW factor!
We'd love it if you:
- Have worked in a lean/agile/XP environment, and have experience in product research and product support in this environment.
- Have extensive knowledge of Programmatic ad tech, eg RTB, VAST/VPAID and viewability.
- Have previous experience of product management, software development or any other solution engineering related role.
Some domestic and international travel may be required for this role.
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
We love reviewing all the applications we receive, but unfortunately we're not able to get back to everyone individually. If we'd like to move forward with your application we'll definitely be in touch!
Having issues with your application? You can always email it to [email protected]
Meet Some of Unruly's Employees
Lead, News Corp. Partnerships U.S.
Sadie collaborates with Unruly’s News, Sales, and Operations Teams to deliver impactful video campaigns for the company’s clients. She also works with various ad agencies and publishers.
Back to top