Senior Sales Manager – Hamburg
WANTED: An extraordinary and ambitious sales professional who is beyond excited to be hunting opportunities and develop a solid revenue stream in the German (D-A-CH) market.
You'll be a superstar who can drive maximum social video advertising revenues from key media and advertising agencies as well as direct clients within the German market. We are looking for a Senior Sales Manager with an outstanding track record in digital media sales, and a passion for the video marketplace to help us grow our advertising business in Germany. You will build and maintain robust relationships with key agency personnel, using Unruly's proprietary tools (UnrulyX, Unruly Activate, EQ and the Future Video Lab) to be a source of knowledge and inspiration to agency partners & clients and ensuring Unruly will be perceived as a true thought leader in this space. The role will include presenting the Unruly value proposition, hosting mobile Future Video Lab tours, and getting under the skin of your clients and their opportunities and challenges.
Positioned at the intersect of the three fastest-growing trends in digital advertising – programmatic, video and mobile – Unruly is a high-growth tech company seeking passionate people committed to delivering wow for top brands and their agencies. You will work independently to generate and maximise revenues from the agencies and clients. You must be able to think strategically about your patch, and identify opportunities for growth whilst working with all global internal teams at Unruly to achieve this.
Reports to: Commercial Director, Germany
Employment Type: Permanent
Working hours: Full time (Monday – Friday, 9:30am – 6pm). We have Summer and Winter Fridays to extend your weekend.
Salary: Highly competitive, plus performance based bonus
Benefits: An iPhone or Android phone, company social events & annual Unruly Festival. We are a truly global organisation, offering opportunities to collaborate around the world. Plus we spend way too much time watching and sharing the most awesome videos on the Web.
About the Role: Mission
Your mission will be to:
- Develop a solid revenue stream from leading German media & creative agencies and direct clients and exceed revenue targets on allocated agency patch. This will be across both German and International campaigns
About the Role: Key Relationships
- Commercial Director Germany
- Sales Team Germany
- Managing Director Germany
- DE Agency team
- DE & UK Operations team
- Sales team EMEA
- Marketing, Insights and Media/BD team
About You: Experience
You must have:
- Digital media sales experience 5 + years (with proof of your sales abilities)
- A network of strong relationships and an excellent reputation with key media agency and client personnel
- An understanding of the video market
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently in a fast-paced environment within tight deadlines
- Demonstrated experience generating leads and closing new business
- Presentation Skills: speak and present fluently in German & English
- Experience achieving group goals; and not fazed by targets or metrics
- Experience generating revenue against personal targets (and love smashing them!)
- Solid knowledge of the programmatic market and what this means for video
About You: Skills
You must be:
- Able to spot opportunities, set up meetings with and present to key agency personnel (typically planners, strategists, account directors, group heads) and clients (brand manager, marketing manager, head of social media etc)
- Able to support the creative process as required, solicit briefs, write proposals, negotiate prices, and book new business
- Able to grow relationships with media agencies within allocated agency patch
- A good communicator – clear, consistent and precise both internally and externally (emails, proposals, strong attention to detail)
- Calm under pressure
- Able to prioritise and deliver above and beyond the day to day role
- Able to deliver on quarterly objectives, both internal and external
- Able to produce and deliver a 90 day plan for the quarter with supporting organograms
About You: Behaviour
You must be:
- Ambitious: Wanting to create a career in one of the most exciting and fastest growing areas of social media
- Entrepreneurial: Understanding of client challenges and able to explain how Unruly's solutions will be advantageous
- Accountable: Not afraid of working to targets and willing to demonstrate that you are willing to deliver against personal KPIs (meetings, proposals etc)
- Gregarious: Enjoy being part of the media industry and building relationships with clients and agencies
- Persuasive: Able to effectively communicate complex, creative solutions to agencies and clients who may be unfamiliar or uncomfortable with the space
- Communicator: Builds strong working relationships internally and externally
- Respected: A positive, inspirational team member
The Wow Factor
We'd love it if you:
- Have an understanding of the Programmatic landscape – including contacts at the major DSP's and experience of selling an SSP.
- Speak more than one language fluently
- Love social media and have an active digital footprint
- Consistently exceed target and seek new challenges
About You: Education & Qualifications
- Honours–level degree or equivalent preferred (University of Life also counts)
- Travel within Germany & occasional trips across Europe may be required for this role.
Meet Some of Unruly's Employees
Jess distributes and optimizes global video campaigns. Though she’s a member of Unruly’s Operations Team, she works across multiple teams in the company.
Back to top