Senior Publisher Development Manager – Sydney
WANTED: We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated and growth-orientated publisher development professional to join our team in Sydney and to build out our AUS publisher network and manage strategic partnerships in the programmatic space. As Business Development Manager, you will identify, pursue, and negotiate new partnership deals for Unruly across verticals such as tech, bus-finance, women's genres, lifestyle, gaming and entertainment. You will come with an extensive network of publishers who you can call in short order to begin selling in the value proposition of Unruly. You will also identify key partners on both the supply and demand side within the programmatic landscape.
You will have a passion for social video and publishing. As Senior Publisher Development Manager you will manage all facets of the business development including prospecting, closing, implementing and relationship management, and build successful long-term relationships. You will work at Unruly's AUS headquarters in Sydney and will report to the Publisher Services VP, APAC. You will also work closely with News AU titles and their extensive network of other lifestyle titles to nurture the relationship and support further integration of the Unruly technologies onto their platforms. Are you comfortable forging partnerships with digital publishers across online and mobile environments? Are you a skilled negotiator and natural communicator? Are you looking for a role within a high-growth, fast-paced startup environment? If your answer is "Hell Yeah!" then this could be for you.
Reports to: VP Publisher Services, APAC
Employment Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Full time
Salary: Highly competitive, plus bonus
Benefits: Private health care allowance for you and your partner, work injury insurance, mobile phone allowance, and a company laptop. You'll travel to London for our bespoke onboarding training – Unrulyduction. We are a truly global organisation, offering opportunities to collaborate around the world. Plus we spend way too much time watching and sharing the most awesome videos on the Web.
About the role: Mission
- Grow and develop business development efforts across the AU & NZ territories; grow the network of publishers, cultivate partnerships, evaluate needs, establish mutually agreeable terms, negotiate and close deals, while maintaining the highest standards of performance, revenue & technical relationships with partners, investigating UX and metrics anomalies and collaborating with Publishers Solution, Product & Partners as necessary to resolve.
- Online publishers and networks
- Programmatic platforms
- Global Business Development Team
- APAC Commercial Team
- APAC Operational Team
- Global Product Development Teams
About You: Experience
You must have:
- Minimum of 2-3 years of business development, preferably within and Internet or media company, or other digital media property
- Demonstrated experience selling solutions to digital publishers and building relationships with key decision makers
- Previously identified key publishing partners
- Managed all facets of the sales cycle including prospecting, closing, implementing and relationship management.
- Negotiated deals with new publishing partners across multiple verticals
- Previously performed against business development targets
- Knowledge of culture, trends and innovation in the digital space
About You: Skills
You must be:
- A skilled negotiator with keen interest with closing deals and working with publishers
- Analytical, able to solve problems, articulate solutions and analyse and report upon data
- Detail-oriented with the ability to meticulously lead project cycles from inception to completion
- Able to prepare collateral and present value proposition on key publishers for sales teams
- Experienced user of the Microsoft Office Suite (including Powerpoint and Excel) and ideally have some experience with Google Apps
- Able to understand basics of digital product development and platforms
About You: Behavior
You must be:
- An absolute team player: working with and for the people – while finding joy in it – are a must at Unruly
- Confident – in escalating business critical issues internally/externally, able to effectively liaise with a variety of internal and external stakeholders (sales, operations, publishers)
- Extremely collaborative – happy to work closely with local and global colleagues in a fast growth startup environment
- Energetic – with a high level of initiative and motivation, great at networking, negotiating and closing deals
- Customer-focused – with excellent communication, networking and negotiation skills
- Dedicated – to delivering great service
- Organised – able to deliver campaign requirements to deadline and prioritize leads
- Solution-focused with the ability to problem-solve proactively and deal with multiple priorities.
About You: Education & Qualifications
- Honors-level degree or equivalent preferred (relevant apprenticeship/job training or University of Life also counts)
The WOW factor!
We'd love it if you:
- Have experience or knowledge in RTB and programmatic environments
- Have led global relationships with premium publishers and large networks
- Have direct experience closing deals with partners in the video space
All applicants must be eligible to work in Australia.
We love reviewing all the applications we receive, but unfortunately we're not able to get back to everyone individually. If we'd like to move forward with your application we'll definitely be in touch!
Having issues with your application? You can always email it to [email protected]
Meet Some of Unruly's Employees
Lead, News Corp. Partnerships U.S.
Sadie collaborates with Unruly’s News, Sales, and Operations Teams to deliver impactful video campaigns for the company’s clients. She also works with various ad agencies and publishers.
Back to top