Senior Business Development Manager, Amsterdam
WANTED: We are looking for an experienced, self-motivated and growth-orientated publisher development professional to join forces with our Amsterdam-based Sales Director at our new business location. You will be responsible for building an excellent Dutch and Benelux publisher network and manage strategic partnerships in the programmatic space.
As Senior Business Development Manager , you will identify, pursue, and negotiate new partnership deals for Unruly across verticals such as tech, bus-finance, women's genres, lifestyle, gaming and entertainment. You will come with an extensive network of publishers who you can call in short order to begin selling in the value proposition of Unruly. You will also identify key partners on both the supply and demand side within the programmatic landscape.
You will have a passion for video and publishing. As Senior Business Development Manager you will manage all facets of the business development including prospecting, closing, implementing and relationship management, and build successful long-term relationships. You will work at Unruly's NL office and will report to the VP Business Development, EMEA.
Are you comfortable to hit the ground running and forging partnerships with digital publishers across online and mobile environments? Are you looking for a role within a high-growth, fast-paced startup environment? If your answer is "Hell Yeah!" then this could be for you.
Reports to: VP Business Development, EMEA
Employment Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Full time (9am – 6pm). We have Summer and Winter Fridays to extend your weekend.
Salary: Highly competitive, plus bonus
Benefits: iPhone or Android phone and company laptop. You'll travel to London for Unrulyduction training and will also be invited to attend the annual UnrulyFest. We also spend way too much time watching and sharing the most awesome videos on the Web.
About the role: Mission
- Own and manage business development efforts across the Dutch and Benelux territories; grow the network of publishers, cultivate partnerships, evaluate needs, establish mutually agreeable terms, negotiate and close deals, while maintaining the highest standards of performance, revenue & technical relationships with partners, investigating UX and metrics anomalies and collaborating with Media Solutions, Product & Partners as necessary to resolve.
- Online publishers and networks
- Programmatic platforms
- Sales Director NL
- Global Media Team
- EMEA Sales and Operations
- Global Product Development Teams
About You: Experience
You must have:
- 5+ years experience of business development, preferably within an Internet or media company, or other digital media property
- Demonstrated experience selling solutions to digital publishers and building relationships with key decision makers
- Previously identified key publishing partners
- Managed all facets of the sales cycle including prospecting, closing, implementing and relationship management.
- Negotiated deals with new publishing partners across multiple verticals
- Previously performed against business development targets
- Knowledge of culture, trends and innovation in the digital space
About You: Skills
You must be:
- A skilled negotiator with keen interest with closing deals and working with publishers
- Analytical, able to solve problems, articulate solutions and analyse and report upon data
- Able to prepare collateral and present value proposition on key publishers for sales teams
- Experienced user of the Microsoft Office Suite (including Powerpoint and Excel) and ideally have some experience with Google Apps
- Able to understand basics of digital product development and platforms
- Able to understand and leverage the broader Unruly value proposition, particularly around insight and data, to drive programmatic spend
About You: Behaviour
You must be:
- Confident – in escalating business critical issues internally/externally, able to effectively liaise with a variety of internal and external stakeholders (sales, operations, publishers)
- Collaborative – happy to work closely with local and global colleagues in a fast growth start-up environment
- Energetic – with a high level of initiative and motivation, great at networking, negotiating and closing deals
- Customer-focused – with excellent communication, networking and negotiation skills
- Dedicated – to delivering great serviceOrganised – able to deliver campaign requirements to deadline and prioritize leads
- An exceptional communicator (written and verbal)
- A great listener and be thorough in your follow-ups to meetings
- Focused on accountability and not afraid of getting into the detail of the products and job to be done
About You: Education & Qualifications
- Honors-level degree or equivalent preferred (relevant apprenticeship/job training or University of Life also counts)
The WOW factor!
We'd love it if you:
- Have experience or knowledge in RTB and programmatic environments
- Have led global relationships with premium publishers and large networks
- Have direct experience closing deals with partners in the video space
All applicants must be eligible to work in the Netherlands and speak Dutch and English.
Some training will be required in London and potentially NY.
We love reviewing all the applications we receive, but unfortunately we're not able to get back to everyone individually. If we'd like to move forward with your application we'll definitely be in touch!
Having issues with your application? You can always email it to [email protected]
Meet Some of Unruly's Employees
Lead, News Corp. Partnerships U.S.
Sadie collaborates with Unruly’s News, Sales, and Operations Teams to deliver impactful video campaigns for the company’s clients. She also works with various ad agencies and publishers.
Back to top