WANTED: We're looking for a commercially driven Product Director to deliver major new enhancements and products features through our market leading advertising platforms.
You will be highly analytical, well organised, and quick to learn – and your communication skills will be second to none. You'll have a natural feel for what is needed to make products a success in market, will be interested in social media, technology and research.
In this role you'll manage the end to end execution of major new features, launches and product enhancements. You will be working closely with various Unruly teams to take the lead in getting new products and services to market with a particular focus on maximising the use of our existing platforms and through integrations with third party platforms and services. You will think creatively about operational processes and help co-ordinate trials and broader roll out plans. If you feel ready to join a really cool company with a start-up feel, we'd love to learn what makes you Unruly.
Reports to: VP Product
Location: Whitechapel (London, UK)
Employment Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Full time (9.30am to 6pm, Mon – Fri)
Salary: Highly competitive
Benefits: Conference attendance allowance, private health cover, iPhone or Android phone, Cycle to Work scheme, childcare vouchers, season ticket loan, laptop allowance. There are monthly company social events, weekly deliveries of fruit, Xbox contests, occasional games nights, film nights and an annual Unruly Festival. Plus we spend way too much time watching and sharing the most awesome videos on the Web.
About the Role: Mission
Your mission will be to:
- Deliver new products and services to market through the use of existing in-house platforms and partnerships and by helping us prioritise new integrations and partnerships.
About the Role: Key Relationships
- Commercial leads across Sales, Marketing & BD
- Product Managers & Solutions engineers
- Unruly Development teams
- External partners: Ad creative companies, brand-safety companies and other technical partnerships.
About You: Experience
You must have:
- Taken new products in the media-tech landscape to market and established a good product/market fit, or have worked on a team delivering a new product to market with good understanding of the process.
- Commercial experience – in competitor landscaping, price modelling, closing partnerships
- Experience negotiating and managing contracts with vendors and partners.
- Budget management – comfortable tracking and managing invoices and working with finance teams to ensure timely payments. Demonstrable experience of forecasting and submitting budgets to assist wider team in good financial management
- Experience working as part of an agile team as a product owner or customer and an ability to quickly grasp quite complex tradeoffs so that you can help the dev team make decisions with a full understanding of the implications
- Proposed new solutions and organised additional technical and commercial research as needed to test assumptions.
- Experience of helping to build product strategy
- Demonstrated understanding of using a lean and iterative approach to product development and gaining traction in market
- Experience of social media and marketing services
- Complex project and stakeholder management experience
- Exposure to or experience in the insight or research functions within a business (technology or media environment preferable) or a degree with an analytical focus
- Experience managing customer and supplier relationships – communicating clearly and managing expectations
About You: Skills
You must be:
- Very results focussed, with a strong mix of lateral and logical problem solving skills
- Excellent at supplier/partner evaluation and relationship building
- Highly experienced at vendor / partner management and integration, with demonstrable experience of having delivered software and services using a combination of internal and 3rd party resource
- Great at data analysis, able to understanding complex data quickly and able to describe patterns in results
- Ability to move from the detail to the big picture
- Skilled at testing your ideas before developing a whole solution
- Able to juggle deadlines, dependencies, roadblocks and stakeholders
- Able to rapidly set up new processes needed for delivery
- Exceptional at relationship-building; able to develop and maintain good working relationships at all levels
- Able to map and continually update competitor landscapes
- Fantastic at customer service – nothing is too much trouble for you!
- Extremely organized with the ability to prioritise and manage workload amid conflicting project demands and busy work periods.
- A strong communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills
About You: Behaviour
You must be:
- Self-motivated – it is critical that you are able to move the product development forward with only "steering". Nobody will be writing your to-do list for you.
- Passionate – about social media and the marketing opportunity it affords to major brands
- Inspirational – inspiring confidence in this new product (and the high quality delivery capability and expertise that underpins it) in stakeholders across our organisation
- Confident – calm under pressure and able to work to tight deadlines, on own initiative, and with limited supervision; confident escalating business critical issues internally/externally
- Analytical – able to think analytically, solve problems creatively and articulate solutions and suggestions in a cool, calm and collected manner
- A superb communicator – with the ability to effectively liaise with different teams, both internal and external
- Highly flexible. Able to make decisions with imperfect information and deal well with ambiguity and quickly changing priorities. Able to deal confidently with ad-hoc requests from within the business
- Discreet – confident dealing with confidential material and trade secrets
About You: Education & Qualifications
- Honours-level degree or equivalent preferred (University of Life also counts)
- This role may involve international travel
The WOW factor!
We'd love it if you:
- Have experience working in a technology start up
- Have experience in ad tech, particularly programmatic, Real Time Buying or Video
- Have experience working with advertisers, media agencies and publishers.
- Understand what these acronyms refer to: VAST, VPAID, SSP, DSP, DMP, RTB, PMP and OBA.
As part of the application process there will be a short task to prepare before interview stage.
We love reviewing all the applications we receive, but unfortunately we're not able to get back to everyone individually. If we'd like to move forward with your application we'll definitely be in touch!
Having issues with your application? You can always email it to email@example.com.
Meet Some of Unruly's Employees
Lead, News Corp. Partnerships U.S.
Sadie collaborates with Unruly’s News, Sales, and Operations Teams to deliver impactful video campaigns for the company’s clients. She also works with various ad agencies and publishers.
Back to top