Junior Product Developer – London
WANTED: A creative and enthusiastic Junior Product Developer looking to grow in to a long and rewarding career with one of the fastest growing tech companies in the world.
As the Junior Product Developer, you will be responsible for advanced reporting and infrastructure developments across the UnrulyEQ products, and will be instrumental in advising Product Managers on more straightforward builds and prototypes. You will provide detailed technical guidance, documentation and testing steps to post-implementation support. Alongside this, you will be working closely with our current Product Developer on strategy, product design and system architecture. You will also work closely with our Product Manager, Product Lead and User Experience Team to deliver beautiful, versatile and functional data outputs. You must be happy discussing ideas with non-technical people and be hungry for a collaborative environment where you can develop your skills in all areas of product development with focus on paired programming and agile development.
About the Role: Key Relationships
- UnrulyEQ Team (Product, Solutions, Partnerships and Audiences, Projects and Insights)
- Global SVP, Data
- Third-party service providers
- Wider ProDev Team
About You: Experience
You must have:
- Dashboard development experience, particularly using highcharts and/or D3
- An understanding of user experience principles and data visualisation best practice
- Experience managing, prioritising and coordinating multiple workstreams
- Experience communicating clearly and managing expectations
About You: Skills
You must be:
- Skilled at testing your ideas before developing the whole solution
- Able to juggle deadlines, dependencies, roadblocks and stakeholders
- Able to own workstreams, resolve issues, and inspire confidence in your colleagues
- Able to identify opportunities for technical improvements and drive them forward
- Able to simplify the apparently complex, quickly understanding technical issues and communicating clear solution paths
- Able to adapt and align work to changing requirements and priorities
- Extremely organised with the ability to prioritise workload amid conflicting demands
- A strong communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional at relationship-building; able to to develop and maintain good working relationships at all levels
About You: Behaviour
You must be:
- Self-motivated - able to move product development forward and manage your own to do's
- Inspirational - inspire confidence in our products and their pace of innovation in stakeholders across our organisation
- Collaborative - keen to work closely with the product management team and internal and external customers to deliver market-leading technical developments
- Confident - able to identify and implement developments on your own initiative, and with limited supervision; confident escalating business critical issues internally/externally
- A Problem Solver - able to think analytically, solve problems creatively, articulate solutions and suggestions in a cool, calm and collected manner
- Discreet - confident dealing with confidential material and trade secrets
We'd (optionally) love it if you have:
- Experience of object-oriented design, and programming in Java
- Experience supporting and debugging production applications
- Awareness of some of the practices of Extreme Programming (for example, pair programming or TDD)
- Understanding of ad-serving and ad technologies
- Passion for learning on a wide front - we want people who bring new perspectives to the technical organisation, either from their background or from what they are learning day-to-day
- Knowledge of the Confirmit platform and Reporting Environment (experience of similar platforms considered)
Send an email to email@example.com with CV attached, your name, and "Junior Product Developer" in the subject line. Please specify your availability to commence the role and don't forget to tell us where you heard about the role! All applicants are required to be authorised to work in the UK.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
We love reviewing all the applications we receive, but unfortunately we're not able to get back to everyone individually. If we'd like to move forward with your application we'll definitely be in touch!
Meet Some of Unruly's Employees
Jess distributes and optimizes global video campaigns. Though she’s a member of Unruly’s Operations Team, she works across multiple teams in the company.
Back to top