Insight & Project Manager – Japan
WANTED: Unruly EQ™ is a content evaluation tool which help marketers to maximise the emotional and business impact of their ads. It allows advertisers to maximize the impact of their content marketing strategy by identifying the type and intensity of emotions elicited by their ad to predict its impact, optimising content for emotional impact and improve creative quality before launch.
We're looking for a brilliant Insight and Project Manager to help us continue to lead the social video market. Our clients look to us to provide data-driven, authoritative research demonstrating social video's value – and the role it plays within the broader media mix. You'll be responsible for delivering world class data-driven research reports in conjunction with our Insight team, and for managing the different aspects of the delivery process, particularly survey set-ups and processing, and client liaison and reporting.
You'll also need to think creatively about operational processes and partnerships we need to put into place as we scale our delivery capacity rapidly to meet the high client demand. You'll support the Marketing, Sales, EQ and Insight teams, managing survey fieldwork and analysing EQ survey results, deciphering the story that lies in the data and showcasing your findings in presentations, whitepapers and playbooks as well as helping to create and update marketing collateral.
You'll probably be currently working at a major brand or research agency in a research or insight role, or maybe you'll be a research superstar in an adjacent space (cinema, TV, search). Either way – you'll be an innovative, data-driven researcher who is keen to transfer your experience into a rapidly growing tech company, where you can really take the lead and make a difference. If you're tired of "plain digital" and feel ready to join a really cool company with a proven business model and a start-up feel, we'd love to learn what makes you Unruly!
Reports to: Global SVP, Insight; Dotted line to Project Team Lead
Employment Type: Full time
Working Hours: Full time (9.30am to 6pm, Mon – Fri)
Benefits: Laptop and Unruly Festival. Plus we spend way too much time watching and sharing the most awesome videos on the Web.
About the Role: Mission
Your mission will be to:
- Manage the end to end delivery of Unruly EQ, Unruly Custom Audiences and Ad Pulse client projects, from project scheduling and execution to report configuration and production.
- Deliver WOW by analysing Unruly EQ data, producing trends reports and whitepapers, and presenting findings.
- Managing the creating and updating of marketing collateral.
About the Role: Key Relationships
- Insight Team
- Project Team
- Japan Country Manager
- Japan commercial teams
- SVP Data
About You: Experience
You must have:
- Experience managing and coordinating multiple projects and processes
- Demonstrated significant research experience working for a major brand, or in media or at a research agency (survey solutions preferable)
- Solid understanding of online audience data and measurement methodology and/or traditional content testing tools (e.g. Millward Brown Link)
- Experience developing and managing panel data and tools and running qualitative and quantitative research projects
- Experience presenting to clients and agency personnel at all levels
- Experience negotiating with third party suppliers
About You: Skills
You must be:
- Able to own projects, resolve issues, and inspire confidence in your colleagues, with strong attention to detail
- Extremely organized with the ability to prioritise and manage workload amid conflicting project demands and busy work periods
- Extremely analytical; able to draw out key insight from complex, and varied, datasets
- An Excel and Powerpoint wizard with excellent numeracy
- A brilliant written and spoken communicator who can produce high-quality research arguments
- A great presenter, comfortable telling stories with data
About You: Behaviour
You must be:
- Inspirational – inspire confidence in Unruly EQ (and the high quality delivery capability and expertise that underpins it) in stakeholders across our organisation
- Brilliant at understanding complex data quickly, with an eye for results that seem out of place
- Adaptable – able to thrive in a continuously changing environment
- Able to "think on your feet" and spot opportunities to take Unruly insight to market
- A team player – willing to get your hands dirty for the good of the team
- Dedicated – to delivering great service
- Calm under pressure – able to deal with external clients and internal senior management in various situations
- Confident – in escalating business critical issues internally/externally and reporting results to internal teams and external clients
- Able to speak and write Japanese and English at business level
About You: Education & Qualifications
- Honours-level degree or equivalent (University of life also counts)
The WOW factor!
We'd love it if you:
- Love social media and have an active digital footprint
- Are a guru when it comes to knowledge of the digital media space, able to evidence a deep interest in media and the strategies brands follow in the market place
- Are recognised as an expert and have more successful research case studies than you can shake a stick at
- Have experience of, or want to experience, a start-up culture
Send an email with your "Insight and Project Manager" in the subject line to [email protected] Don't forget to tell us where you saw the role advertised!
Meet Some of Unruly's Employees
Jess distributes and optimizes global video campaigns. Though she’s a member of Unruly’s Operations Team, she works across multiple teams in the company.
Back to top