Infrastructure Engineer – London
WANTED: Lateral thinking individual to deliver exceptional systems design, implementation, maintenance and support across Unruly's internal technology stack. You will be responsible for supporting Unruly's global infrastructure and join a team of like-minded techies playing a crucial role in ensuring the smooth running of our Active Directory, Microsoft Networking Services, GSuite, distributed file systems and various backup platforms, along with providing backup cover across our networking, security and related infrastructures.
As Infrastructure Engineer you'll be exposed to a variety of technologies and will handle tech creatively, drive adoption of new processes amongst your fellow Unrulies, and help continually improve how we do things. You will be highly analytical and an exceptional communicator. You probably don't have everything on the job spec, what matters most to us is the passion and aptitude to solve problems and staying up to date with tech! If you think you have what it takes to become Unruly we'd love to hear from you.
Reports to: Global IT Lead (London)
Location: London, EMEA
Employment Type: Permanent
Working Hours: Full time
Salary: Highly competitive
Benefits: Weekly deliveries of muffins and fruit, beers in the Clubhouse every Friday, occasional poker nights and an annual Unruly Festival. Plus we spend way too much time watching and sharing the most awesome videos on the Web.
About the Role: Mission
Your mission will be to:
- Support the Unruly internal technology stack to ensure a 99% uptime ratio whilst continuously researching and testing new ways to improve the technical environment, along with its frameworks and processes.
About the Role: Key Relationships
- Infra Team (aka IT)
- Unruly Employees
- You must have experience in the implementation of one of these areas:
- Good working knowledge of AWS S3, EC2, VPC, Route53.
- Networking design and troubleshooting of firewalls, switches, WiFi,VOIP, VPN at CLi level, Juniper & Meraki networking experience desirable.
- Must be familiar with Linux environment (client and server) and Linux terminal
- Security management including anti-virus, anti-malware, VPN, IPSec, 2-step, encryption, SSL, TLS.
- Mixed environments with Windows, Linux and MacOS under one roof.
- Your role will include the below, so experience in any of these areas is a plus:
- Server Room Operations: racking, cabling, power, aircon and UPS experience
- Developing and maintaining KB and Wiki articles to ensure technical documentation is up to date and relevant.
- Systems management, monitoring, deployment and automation, administration and support, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- G Suite Email, calendaring and collaboration admin.
- Customer service via various communication channels, investigating and resolving L3 technical issues.
- Monitoring infrastructure performance, anticipating and proactively responding to capacity, health, recovery, and business continuance issues.
- Recommending, developing, and improving policies, procedures and standards relevant to the technology infrastructure.
- Mentoring peers on new technologies.
- Participating in the periodic execution of the business continuance plan, including coordination, out of hours attendance, and documentation updates.
- Engaging in team meetings and retrospectives to help continuously improve the technical architecture and processes.
- The Microsoft stack (Windows Server 2012, 2016, Active Directory, Microsoft Networking, GPOs, DFS, PowerShell, automation & scripting, Print server) in a multisite environment.
- Have previously worked with O365 or Google Apps (ideally both).
- JAMF Pro for Mac Management
- Experienced with WiFi technologies and troubleshooting.
- Distributed file serving platforms, associated backups and archiving, including Microsoft, Cloud.
- Knowledge of VMWare Vsphere, SANs and Veeam backup technologies.
About You: Skills
You must be:
- Able to logically structure, present and retain technical information
- Experienced in cloud infrastructures
- Familiar with Nix/Windows infrastructures
- Experienced with L3, L2 networking concepts
- Familiar with virtualisation
- A troubleshooter
- A strong communicator (written and verbal)
About you: Behaviour
You must be:
- Flexible – Willing to be available for out of hours rota work to support outages and covering absences on Tech Support
- Curious – With limitless enthusiasm for technology and striving to grow your knowledge constantly
- Calm – Not phased by pressure and able to think on your feet
- Collaborative – a team player happy to work in both cross geographic team projects and locally with business stakeholders
- Analytical – able to think analytically, solve problems creatively and articulate solutions and suggestions
- A superb communicator – in every scenario, with ability to effectively liaise with different teams and external suppliers in a friendly and approachable manner
About You: Education & Qualifications
- Honours level degree or equivalent preferred (University of Life also counts)
- Minimum of five years industry experience
The WOW factor!
We'd love it if you:
- Have experience of mobile devices including iOS, Android, mobile device management applications and securing devices with MFA
- Have experience with Meraki Firewalls & networking.
- Knowledge of SSO/SAML configuration/setup.
Infrequent global travel. Out of hours work to support system outages and maintenance
Meet Some of Unruly's Employees
Jess distributes and optimizes global video campaigns. Though she’s a member of Unruly’s Operations Team, she works across multiple teams in the company.
Back to top